cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inputs on Invoking webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have scenario from SAP to Portal Asynchronous through PI. Based on the SAP field structure porta.

l team has created webservice and given to me. Can anyone please tell me where can i invoke the webservice in PI system.

where to go for storing the webservice in PI system.

I am creating sender as RFC and receiver as SOAP adapter.

Appreciate for your inputs.

Thanks,

Swetha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Can anyone please tell me where can i invoke the webservice in PI system

once you have build all the objects (design + config)...test the scenario through RWB....if everything is correct then the message will go to the target system....thus invoking the WS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I got the point of design and config.

How can i use i mean where should is use webservice in PI system. How the connectivity is maintained from PI to Portal.

Thanks,

Swetha

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
How can i use i mean where should is use webservice in PI system.

have you imported the WSDL in ESR/ IR and used in SI/ MI?

have you used the target URL (and Action..if available) from the above imported WSDL in receiver channel in PI?

If yes then you have used the webservice in PI....the only thing that you need now is testing.

since it is RFC --> SOAP...you can either ask the ABAP team to trigger the RFC to PI....or you can use RWB --> Component monitoring --> IE --> Test message...and check the message processing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishesk,

Thanks for your quick reply.

No i have not done imported wsdl into my ESR SI.Thats what my doubt is.

So first i need import wsdl into my ESR and use it as inbound interface/target message and RFC as outbound interface/source message. correct me if i am wrong.

And the URL maintained in WSDL should be used in reciver channel in target URL. correct me if i am wrong.

If the above step is correct what is the tool to import WSDL into SI.

Thanks,

Swetha

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
No i have not done imported wsdl into my ESR SI.Thats what my doubt is.

you need to import to define inbound SI....in inbound SI you used this WSDL message.

If the above step is correct what is the tool to import WSDL into SI.

you dont need any tool for this....store the WSDL file on your local machine....ESR --> right-click --> New --> external definition --> in the ED page select wsdl from the dropdown --> import --> browse for your WSDL file from local machine --> ok.

And the URL maintained in WSDL should be used in reciver channel in target URL. correct me if i am wrong

correct

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhishek... for your qucik response. I am doing in the same way you have given inputs..

Now i got clear idea. Points given.

Thanks,

Swetha.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sewtha,

You can configure the SOAP Receiver Channel to invoke the Web services. Basically the URL to be be called would be defined in the WSDL so you can use it in your connection parameters. You can refer to this link for the details about configuring such a scenario:

<http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d23cbe11-0d01-0010-5287-873a22024f79?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true>

Best Regards,

Pratik

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hello Shweta,
1.You can even test it in the integeration Directory also. there is an option to test it if you can provide the correct sample payload to it as input.
2. Or you can test it from Runtime Workbench > End-to-End Monitoring.
Hope that is what you are looking for ? OR is it that you want to know more details of how actually to send parameter to the WS and receive the corresponding reply from the webservice. Do let me know....
Cheers.
Regards,
Tarik Parkar