cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal - Unable to modify Security Policy of User

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

in "User Management" on AS JAVA Web Portal, I am unable to set Security Policy field to Technical user for ADSUSER and it is grayed out even after clicking "Modify" and I need to check to eliminate that area being grayed out ?

Thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

contact SAP Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunny

If do not change User type to Service in AS ABAP

How to editable fields in General Information tab in UME of Portal

Please gude me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunny

If you check my link above there is one table maintained which shows mapping between options available in As Java and corresponding option in AS ABAP.

What is this table. i do not find it in your link

Thanks

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check it under heading UME User Attributes and the AS ABAP

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunny

I do not know when I try to install IDES EHP4 ABAP, and then, I had installed a AS JAVA with UME using ABAP

-> When log on Portal AS JAVA, i can edit Security Policy field and another fields in General Information tab in UME of ADSUSER

Can you explain me about this ?

Thanks

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you check my link above there is one table maintained which shows mapping between options available in As Java and corresponding option in AS ABAP.

There Security Policy Tab in As Java is corresponding to User Type in As ABAP. So, you have to change user type to service in As ABAP for users and this will be equivalent to Technical user in As Java.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunny

I do not agree with your answer

For example: I try to install IDES EHP4 ABAP, and then, I had installed a AS JAVA with UME using ABAP -> When log on Portal AS JAVA, i can edit Security Policy

If your answer, how to adjust Security Policy of ADSUSER in ABAP

Please guide me

Thanks

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If UME of your system is ABAP then you have to make users in ABAP only. You can make ADSUSER as a service user in ABAP system and it will be same like Technical user in Java.

Check below link for constraints on Java system using ABAP UME.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/af3ac012d32e78e10000000a155369/content.htm

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunny

Maybe I do not understand your question

I had configured AS JAVA using UME ABAP

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is the reason you are not able to change user type in AS Java. Since UME of your As Java system is ABAP, then please change user type in ABAP system.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunny

My System : Netweaver 7.0 EHP1ABAP

I need to configure ADS on this stack and i had installed AS JAVA and I am unable to set Security Policy field to Technical user for ADSUSER and it is grayed out even after clicking "Modify"

Thanks

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is still unanswered. Are you using ABAP UME as UME of portal system ?

Thanks

Sunny

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is UME of your portal system ?

Thanks

Sunny