cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling unit without inventory management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In our scenario, we have Goods reciept from production into Storage location 1000 which is IM managed, Later the stocks are transfer posted into storgae location 1100 which is HU/WM managed. Now in 1100 i have found HU's which have been created with status 'Handling unit without Inventory management'.

Can someone explain to me what does it mean when a HU gets created with this status? under which scenario does the system create the HU with this status?

Also when this HU is scanned for putaway the system gives error message Handling unit does not exist in SAP. Can someone let me know the resolution or the root cause for this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The above mentioned status is when a Handling Unit created, but the Inventory management is not yet posted for the content materials of the HU

I can give an example: Created a Inbound Delivery for material XXX. Then a HU is created in Packing screen, but the PGR is not yet done. At this stage, HU has the same status

Hope this helps

If the GR/GI is reported for HU contents, then the HU status will change. With you case, a Handling Unit is just created, but no further tansaction like, packing, GI or GR is done.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

The HU was just created but the relavant material documnet was not posted into the HU managed storage location. Hence the stock was lying in the source storage location.

We have now created the material document for a new HU using HU02.

Thanks,

Harish

Answers (0)