Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resume plug not triggering on return to application

bradp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed a Web Dynpro ABAP application that uses suspend and resume plugs. The suspend plug fires an external URL passing through a resume/hook url for the external url to return to when complete.

It is working perfectly on our internal development server and it is hitting the resume plug and resuming the application.

I have now transported it to a customers system and it will no longer resume the application. It does return to the application but goes into the application via the DEFAULT plug and not the resume plug.

It appears to be losing the session and triggering the application as if it is being run for the first time. Initially i thought it may be browser settings, but i have played around with that with no luck, i tried IE8, chrome, and firefox and it doesnt work in any of them.

It does the same whether the application is executed directly via SE80 or run via the portal (I am aware suspend/resume plugs are not supported in the portal)

Has anyone experienced this type of issue before with suspend/resume plugs? Could it be security settings on the customers machine or network? Or is it possibly a setting somewhere in SAP?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IS your Development and customer systems SAP Kernals are the same version or is there any support packages differences.

See Note 1337381.

bradp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

Thanks for the response, I have looked at that note and it doesnt seem to be applicable.

Yes there is a difference in support packages. The customers server is on a later support package than ours. Might be worth raising a message to SAP.

Im wondering if Group policies on the network could have anything to do with the session not staying alive?

Our Dev server is running the following (it works perfectly on this system):

SAP_ABA

Release: 701

Level: 0005

Highest support pack: SAPKA70105

The customers dev server is running the following(it doesnt resume on this system):

SAP_ABA

Release: 701

Level: 0007

Highest Support pack: SAPKA70107

Cheers,

Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

As you said it is better to have a SAP Ticket raised . It is worth to test in customer site if they have a machine with Sp5 installed.

You can also see if there is any profile parameter (session timeout ) to be adjusted.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

Correct me if i am wrong. You are sending an external URL(not a webdynpro app url) while suspending. Then you would have to send the original application url also right to be able to return on resume. Please paste the code you are using for suspend and resume handlers.

Best Regards,

Srilatha

bradp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srilatha,

Thanks for your response.

I wrote a real basic temporary program to test it with the bare minimum.

in the main window W_MAIN i created an outbound SUSPEND plug (interface enabled) and an inbound RESUME plug(interface enabled)

in the DEFAULT startup plug i put the following code with a hardcoded url

wd_this->fire_test_suspend_plg(

url = 'http://www.somedomain.com/index.html?pg=ocilogon&fees=Y&OkCode=ADDI&CALLER=CTLG&USERNAME=23423%40your%2e423%2enet%2eau&PASSWORD=3453gfdg&HOOK_URL=http://devserver.customerdomain.com:8010/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zzztemp_test_hookurl'

" string

).

the website www.somedomain.com is an external B2B eCommerce website (not running on SAP) that has been setup to pass back the contents of the shopping cart to the web dynpro app that is passed through to it in the parameter HOOK_URL. the web dynpro app is then supposed to fire the resume plug and read the parameters passed through by the external site and continue where it left off.

On our dev server if i put an external break point in the resume plug, it does stop in there. On the customers server it NEVER goes to the resume plug and just goes back to the DEFAULT startup plug. Hence leading me to believe that its losing the session somehow. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

Did you ever found a solution for this problem?

I am facing exactly the same problem as you described.

Regards,

Remco

Hullen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I faced a similar problem and was able to solve it by adding some session-ID ("context-ID") with the HOOK_URL. That way the framework was able to pick up my suspended WD-application again.

As long as it is a WD->WD communication, this context-ID is not required but sent automatically.

* add HOOK base URL

lv_hook_url = wdr_task=>client_window->client->create_application_url( url_type = 'ABSOLUTE'

use_contextid = abap_true ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

This solution works. Thank you!