cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass parameters to a Java app in URL iView?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have posted this /thread/184244 [original link is broken] on the EP Content development forum a few days ago but did not get any response. I hope someone in this forum could help:

I have an URL iView that calls an external web application hosted on BEA WebLogic. All works as expected, however I would also like to call the portaal web app from an email and would need to pass an programmatically generated parameter to the web app (eg. ?id=100).

From searching thru the forum, I believe the recommended approach is to use "NavigationTarget=" along with "&DynamicParameter=":

http://<server>/irj/portal?NavigationTarget=Roles://<pcd location of role/iView>&DynamicParamter=param%3dparamvalue

However, when I tried the above syntax all I get is the URL iView being displayed in the browser, but the parameter is being ignored.

My configuration is:

EP7 SPS7

Windows XP SP4

MS SQL Server 2000 SP4

Any hints/suggestion would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the following threads:

Kind Regards,

S.Saravanan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the links. I have read these links previously and tried the "&DynamicParamter=..." suggestion but my Java program did not receive the parameter.

One question though, I noticed from my searches thru the forum there are numerous references to the use of "DynamicParameter" as a mean of passing parameters to iViews. However, all the iViews cited in these threads were SAP based iviews (eg. WebDynPro, SAP Transactions, BW etc) and some of the parameters were not available in URL iViews. In my instance, my iView is an URL iView that points to a 3rd party J2EE app (BEA WebLogic). Has anyone sucessfully passed a query parameter from an URL Iview to an extern J2EE app?

Thanks,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

See the following link:

Kind Regards,

S.Saravanan.

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Did u try using Application Integrator Iview. Bcoz, using these AppIntegrator Iviews, U can communicate to a different application passing parameters. I came across a scenario, where yahoo inbox is configured in the portal and it passes the UserId and Password maintained in user mapping to the corresponding Input fields in the login page of the Yahoo mail. So I believe it can be possible if you still exlpore this option.

Good Luck,

murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanmughan,

Do you know how to pass DynamicaParameters to a app integrator iview?

my URL template looks like this:

<System.protocol>://<System.server><System.uri>

I've used the application parameter inputbox to declare a parameter, but the remote system doesn't get it.

Thanks in advance,

RR.-