cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query -want to change Org parameter data after project is released status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have some projects which is in released status & i want to change org parameter e.g. company code,controlling area,Business area,Plant & Profit Center @ project as well as WBS level

But in standard ,system will not allowed to change Org Parameter @ project as well as WBS level

I change Org parameter data @ table (PROJ & PRPS) level system allow me to do so

Please let me know is there any impact if i change org parameter data @ table level

Regards

Ravindra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the suggestions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any financial postings against these WBS elements whose master data you are trying to change?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes there is financial postings against those WBS elements & i am changing org parameter directly from Table PROJ & PRPS

Please let me know if there is any impact on actual posted earlier

Regards

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes there are possibilities of financial inconsistencies in your reporting.It is not a good practice to change the organisational master data of a WBS element through tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There will be inconsistencies in the system, but if you have already done it. you may run CJEN ro reconstruct the database.

Best regards,

Anjali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know it is not good in practice but let me know what will be the issue?

Integrated with below modules

FI / Co

SD

cProjects

HR

MM

Regards

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have mentioned that you will change in PROJ & PRPS tables.Are you sure when I draw a project financial report for a particular company code only these two table are effected.That is why I said there will be financial inconsistencies in reports.

Changing at the table level will not change field value in all related tables, which will give raise to inconsistency.

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CJEN? That won't fix this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

You may change the field settings for Project and WBS element using OPUJ and OPUK tcodes. You need not change the table entries. You can make the fields as Input and change them.

BR

Anjali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Receving below error while changing company code

==================================================================================

Field COMPANY_CODE/Company code: Changing the contents of the field is not permitted

Message no. CJ727

Diagnosis

Contents of field COMPANY_CODE/Company code are to be modified, either by substitution or batch input.

Because the system noted that a field was not ready for input no chnage was allowed.

======================================================================================

Substitution was not carried out

Message no. CJ080

Diagnosis

You want to change the master data of a WBS element using the substitution function. The changes you want may result in inconsistent master data which the system cannot recognize when executing this function.

System Response

The function is not executed.

Procedure

Carry out the desired changes online.

- -

Please do needful

Regards

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You are making the desierd changes in CJ20N?Are you using CNMASS or any BAPI to make the changes?

Please elaborate.

Thanks and Regards