cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing ADS on EP7SPS8...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am upgrading my laptop's EP7 SPS7 to SPS8 using JSPM and it is failing with a non-recoverable error during the installation of the "ADSSAP08_0-10003001.SCA". The error message is similar to the error in the thread :

<i>Error: Aborted: development component 'PDFManipulation'/'com.adobe'/'Adobe Systems'/'705.20060314112518.106587', grouped by :

Caught exception during deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's offline deploy API:

com.sap.engine.tools.offlinedeploy.rdb.ODeploymentException: ERROR: Can't deploy component with sda D:\usr\sap\D01\JC01\SDM\root\origin\com.adobe\PDFManipulation\Adobe Systems\705.20060314112518.106587\adobe-PDFManipulation.sda

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error occurred during DB access: ,

:<snip>

:

Caused by: com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.base.BaseBatchUpdateException: [SAP_NWmss][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Communication error: The stream provided does not contain the number of bytes specified. For batches, please ensure that streams are reset before subsequent addBatch calls. This is a non-recoverable error and the connection has been terminated.

at com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.base.BasePreparedStatement.executeBatch(Unknown Source)</i>

My laptop's configuration is:

Pentium M 1.8Mhz, 2GB Ram

Windows XP Pro SP2

SQL Server 2000 SP4

SAP EP7 SPS7

I have tried the recommendations in the above thread (OSS Note #795991)), ie. checking SQL Server network packet size, setting SQL Server's startup setting to "-g512" and have even tried lower the heap size of the J2EE engine from 1024 to 768 without any success.

Has anyone come across this before? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai thomas,

I think..........i find the solution in ur message only............After applying the sap note 795991,by just restartung the SQL Server,i can able to complete the deployment..

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Thomas,

I am also facing the same problem,when trying to Deploy the ADS_SAPOFF15 file.Please do let me know,if you had any clues or sloutions.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I have exactly the same problem. Were you able to solve it?

BR,

Miklos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai thomas,

apply the sap note 795991,and restart the SQL Server,start deployment fresly...........it will complete the deployment..

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat