cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is SAP version,SAP release,SAP enhancement pack & SAP support package?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to SAP and I would like to know what is SAP version, SAP release, SAP enhancement packs and SAP support packages?

Ans also if my release is 720 and file version is 7200.1.0.1050 then what does it mean?

How to identify suport package and enhancement packs from these numbers?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

RJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

>

> I am new to SAP and I would like to know what is SAP version, SAP release, SAP enhancement packs and SAP support packages?

>

> Ans also if my release is 720 and file version is 7200.1.0.1050 then what does it mean?

> How to identify suport package and enhancement packs from these numbers?

>

> Thanks in advance!

>

> Regards,

> RJ

1. SAP Version is the version of the Product like ERP 6.0, CRM 7.

2. SAP release is the release of the WAS i.e. 700, 710,

3. SAP EHP is nothing but the version of the application/WAS i.e 601, 602, 603, 710

4. SAP Support pack is the packs applied to the components. like SAP_BASIS version 604 with SP level 5.

Regards,

Nirmal.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey thanks...but I am still confused between release and version.

Regards,

RJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

The confusion will never stop. Let me recommend you this blog for a start: [SAP product naming confusion|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/22981] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you have SAP Version 720 then the support packages for your system are named like this ... SAPKE72015

Let me explain the filename format for you:

SAP | never changes | KE | component name for ex. HR | 720 | SAP Rel.Version | 15 | No. of support package

You can search on the marketplace, section "support package download" for this exakt File name to find the support packages you needed OR you can browse through the Application Index.

Mfg

Edited by: Michael Rumetshofer on Jan 19, 2011 10:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks fo the info buddy...the sap logon details which I am getting says that my file version is 7200.1.0.1050.

In the above version I guess 720 is the release , 1 is the EHP and 0 is the Patch Level..

What about 1050. What does this number mean?

Thanks,

RJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

my file version is 7200.1.0.1050.

This is the version of your SAPGUI, that is the SAP client installed on your local PC or laptop.

It must not be mixed up with the versions of the various SAP servers on remote machines.

Even more confusion now, I think ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Login with SAP Gui to your sap system.

To see on what type of sap system you are logged in just click on SYSTEM -> Status -> System Data "Component Version:" for ex. -> SAP ECC 6.0 ->for more detailed informations on support level of each installed components go on and click on --> Components.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info...plzz tell me if SAP Stacks, SAP Support packages and Patches, are all same or different?

Thanks,

RJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to make a system up2date you can download the newest support package stack.

The stack "23" for example for SAP 720 released on 1st January 2011 contains support packages and kernel updates which are needed to bring your system on "23" level. The components which are included are SAP ABA, Basis, Appl, PI Basis, SAP BW + Kernel Updates/Patches. All dependencies & requierments of the components are already calculated by SAP. So you download the whole stack and have all needed files.

Mfg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A couple of things I thought of that may help to explain things a bit further:

- Enhancement Packages provide additional functionality without affecting the existing core functionality of the system.

- If you have a system with release 600 and apply enhancement package 1 to it, the release becomes 601. In this way it is like a mini-upgrade.

- Support Packages are large collections of fixes. These fixes are often made available individually as SAP Notes first.

- Support Packages can be applied individually, but SAP also group these into Stacks, which are collections of Support Packages that SAP have decided work best together.

Hope this helps!

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey thanks Steven....are Support Packages and Patches the same?

Cheers,

RJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think for ABAP its same. but in Java you may have support pack and patch different. For example 7.01.7.0 in this case the component is 7.01 SP7 and patch 0.