Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wdeploy Issue

Madhu-Teklink
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

To enable authentication options on the BI Launch Pad logon screen(BOE XI 4.0), we added the parameters and restarted web application server. As per the administration guide, we are supposed to deploy BOE.war file with wdeploy tool. Following is the error message when I run wdeploy tool manually.

E:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0 \wdeploy>wdeploy.bat tomcat6 -DAPP=BOE deploy

JAVA_HOME not set, trying E:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\jdk

Using JAVA_HOME=E:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\jdk

Buildfile: wcommon.xml

AuroraConfig:

Loading message.properties

Loading wdeploy.conf

config:

Loading conf\config.tomcat6

Loading BOE.properties

set default for E:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/wdeploy/workdir/tomcat6/application

Warning: as_mode property not set. Standalone deployment assumed. (DEP00104)

preconfig:

checkargs:

Validating configuration...

Tomcat6

Result: 1

BUILD FAILED

E:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\wdeploy\wcommon.xml:219: The following error occurred while executing this line:

E:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\wdeploy\tomcat6.xml:123: Error: service name Tomcat6 is not correct. (DEP00136)

Please let me know how to resolve this..

Regards

Madhu Bommala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my case the Service name was also "BOEXI40Tomcat", and itu2019s the Web Application Server Type that is "Tomcat 6.0".

Also I couldn't run the Wdeploy GUI application normally and I had to use "Run As administratoru2026" option to get it to function.

However, I would love to know how to deploy only the BI Launch Pad application on a tomcat WAS and not the whole applications package as I didn't change anything for the other application, any idea how to do that from the command promopt?

Thanks

Aws

Updates:

It look like the way to go is to use:

wdeploy.bat Tomcat6

-DAPP=BOE

deploy

from the command line. I tried that, but couldn't get it to deploy my changes!!

So I ended up editing the global.properties and the BIlaunchpad.properties files manually and restated the tomcat service, and it works.

But it start to take really long time to start the Tomcat WAS (almost 13 min!) which still can not see why??

Aws

Edited by: Aws Muhsin on Jul 4, 2011 11:08 PM

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Webapplication Deployment Guide has a section on how to deploy just BI launchpad or Just CMC app to an app server.

You use wdeploy command line for it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The "Web Application Deployment Guide" (xi4_webappdeploy_win_en.pdf) I have in hand doesn't look like it mention that any where expect when it speaks about using the "the administrative console" in page 99.

However, they dont explain exactly how to create the .war file for only BI launch pad (not BOE)!

It would be nice to get a step by step guide on how to do that from poeple who ALREADY tried that!

/Aws

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

wdeploy.bat tomcat6 -DAPP=BOE -Ddisable_CmcApp=true deploy

this will Deploy BOE.war with only Infoview/BILaunchpad enabled.

It is from the guide you have, section called :

3.6.5 To disable the CMC or BI launch pad web applications

That's the only way to achieve what you're looking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

I'm trying to deploy dswsbobje using wdeploy command line but I'm getting this message::

BOEXI40Tomcat.xml does not exist or BOEXI40Tomcat is not a supported application server, exiting.......

You must modify and update config.[appservertype] file located under conf folder with your Application server location and parameters .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis - can you provide a link for the Web Application Deployment Guide for 3.1? I can't seem to find it with a search...

thanks

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you go to services.msc, you can find the tomcat service, then check the "properties" for it and you can see the service name.

Like mine is "Apache Tomcat 6.0.24 " in the description but it's "BOEXI40Tomcat" for the service name.

Good luck.

Sophie

0 Kudos

Hi,

in this case please use the description as Service Name like i.e. "BOEXI40Tomcat"

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

please check if the service name (if you have windows, try the windows services or CCM) is realy Tomcat6. In my case, it wasn't.

Regards

Christoph

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, looks like by default config.tomcat6 is populated with wrong service name. change it to the actual one and wdeploy should work