cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

goods issue posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As we know, when goods are issued, value change is posted to the Stock account in inventory accounting.

I like to clarify what is this stock account. Is it in quantity or amount that the value change is posted? Are both the stock quantity and amount posted?

Is stock account = material document? or the 2 GL accounts shown in Accounting Document in the system where we click that button from the material document screen?

regards

Pascal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to inform you that,

1. one material document - will get generated in which the quantity against it will be there.

2. one accounting document - COST OF GOODS SOLD A/C DR

TO INVENTORY OF FINISHED GOODS A/C.

i think so you are refering to that.

hope this clears your issue.

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Balaji,

In the Accounting Document, I see a pair of GL accounts namely:

1. Trading goods amount -ve $.

2. Inventory Change amount +ve $.

So, the COGS is the one with the DR which means the +ve GL account?

Thanks.

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pascal,

you are right.

this can be identified through - 11 & 21 like that in the accounting document.

you can see in FB03.

hope this clears your issue.

balajia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear,

in standard movement type (601) system create material document and accounting document. The material reflect reduction in qty and accounting document reflect reduction in stock value & Cost of good sold (COGS).

Thanks

Dilip Sadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

Based on your answer, I would like to confirm that

among other postings generated when Goods is issued, the following information are updated:

1. In Material Document ,Quantity is involved, not amount. This posting results in Reduction of inventory stock.

So, reduction in inventory stock means in quantity terms.

2. Inventory Accounting is about posting of value change ($) to the Stock accounts which are : the Trading Goods GL account and Inventory change GL account, both shown via the 'Accounting Document' button in the screen showing material document.

So, posting to stock accounts means the 2 GL accounts found in accounting document.

• Follow-up question:

Which GL account is the COGS? Is it one of the 2 GLs shown in Accounting Document?

Have a nice day...

Pascal

Edited by: Pascal Gabin on Jan 19, 2011 6:06 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this link

[Results of a Goods Issue Posting |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/a5/63380243a211d189410000e829fbbd/content.htm]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi