cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement to convert Direct Mat to Indirect Mat in S/C & PO in SRM7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

Iu2019m fed up with this Direct and Indirect Material restriction in SRM.

We are configuring SRM7.0 with ECC6 ( Ehp4) having Classic deployment and will connect Suppliers with MM-SUS scenario .

Normally we have below 4 scenario (that we are going to use) in SRM and std behaviour of them

1) Shopping Cart ( Indirect Mat )- Creates Classic PO- No Worries !! .

2) Shopping Cart ( Direct Mat )- Creates Ext Classic PO in SRM, then it replicates as read only copy to ECC.

3) SRM Local PO ( Indirect Mat )- Creates Ext Classic PO in SRM, then it replicates as read only copy to ECC.

4) SRM Local PO ( Direct Mat )- Creates Ext Classic PO in SRM, then it replicates as read only copy to ECC.

As a part of standard SAP, it is not possible to procure Direct Material through Classic deployment.

However there is below workaround for this..that I learnt ..in Shopping cart ( donu2019t know about SRM Local PO)

a. Hide "Order as Direct Material" checkbox on shopping Cart screen.

b. Create custom Check box to u201COrder a direct materialu201D

c. If user clicks on new u201COrder a direct materialu201D check box, some (dummy) accounting data will get defaulted to some value which we will decide.

d. Use BADi BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW to remove this defaulted dummy accounting data when SC is passed to back end to create/replicate PO respectively, so Material will be again direct in B/E

Can someone suggest/confirm , by doing above enhancement ,

In case 2) i.e. Shopping Cart ( Direct Mat ), whether the PO will be typical Classic PO ( ECC PO) just like std Shopping Cart ( Indirect Mat ) OR same like SAP std ,this will create PO in SRM only and replicate in ECC, but can be editable in ECCu2026.? and where we can take PO printouts in ECC or SRM or both ?

In case 3) & 4) of SRM Local PO ,Is above ( any other ) enhancement will work, to make the PO editable in ECC ? If yes, how ?

Ultimately we want to have editable PO in ECC from S/C and SRM PO for all type of material i.e. Dircet/Indirect/Service..etc

Thanks in advance.

Regards

NAP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

2) Shd work fine as normal classic PO. You will not have SRM PO here & hence it can't be like ECS PO.

3&4 (even for 2 this is a work around): In EKKO, there is a field STATU. For ECS POs, this is set with value "K". You can change it to "9" to make it editable (as good as created in ERP). You can do this with an additional program or BADI while creating PO.

Best regards,

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramki .

So my problem will be solved and all PO will be editable in ECC, since our ECC system will be main Procurement System.

Now... another issue with this DIRECT MATERIAL...

We are configuring SRM7.0 with ECC6 ( Ehp4) having Classic Scenario with MM-SUS deployment .

Source of Supplies : SoS is different for Direct Mat and Indirect Mat in SRM. For Classic Scenario, for Direct Mat, there should be same SoS (i.e. ECC Contract & Info Record),same like Indirect Mat.

So by doing that Enhancement ..

Case 2) , 3) and 4 ) ...whether it will be possbile to pull ECC Contract in S/C and Local SRM PO ? It is biggest pain for me and critical for business.

Please suggest/confirm

Thanks

Regards

NAP

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think Ricardo answered your query some time ago by below note

SAP Note 495484 - Direct material: Sources of supply from

the back end

CCTR has option to keep local as well as distributed to backend.

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In scenario 3 & 4, you are creating SRM PO directly. So, there is no source-of-supply determination here.

In scenario 2, if you follow, dummy account assignment workaround, then it will pick ERP source-of-supply.

Best regards,

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramki.

Regarding,

In scenario 3 & 4, you are creating SRM PO directly. So, there is no source-of-supply determination here.

Is it possible any how , by doing some enhancement... using some BADi /Exit..etc to pull ECC Contract as a Source of Supply, while creating SRM PO directly ..just like in ME21N in ECC we take refernce of Contract ?

Had some one done this ?

It is one of the big pain for us..

THanks

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Muthu. Very helful information.

As per your comment "CCTR has option to keep local as well as distributed to backend. "..

It will be very appriciated ,if you can you suggest the same in detail ?...how these can be used in Local PO in SRM for both Dircet & Indircet material and Shopping Cart for Direct material ?

Thanks

Regards

NAP

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Naren

New Distribution Screen

A single point of access enables you to define who can use contracts as a source of supply and in which SAP ERP system you can use them. The new distribution screen has two views:

On the first view, which is called Maintenance of Distribution Values, you can select the release-authorized purchasing organizations.

On the second view, which is called Assignment of Distribution Values, you assign the contract items (materials or services) to the purchasing organizations selected in the first view. You can select one item, several items, or all items at once.

The sum of the target values for all items can be calculated with a single click in the Maintenance of Distribution Values view.

Release-authorized purchasing organizations and the assigned items with their corresponding values are subsequently displayed on the Distribution tab on header and item level of the contract.

At header level, the target values for the whole contract, with all items aggregated, are displayed. At item level, you can see which release value for each item has been assigned to which purchasing organization.

By default, every item in a central contract is available locally as a source of supply. If you do not want the items to be available locally, set the Block Local Sourcing indicator on the General Data tab page.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm701/helpdata/en/d1/aec52a7ef94db3929806622c413b98/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

So nice of you Muthu. Its very useful.

I'm just reading te help on this, but everything not clearing from it. I created the CCTR in SRM sucessfully , but it is not replicating in ECC. It may be due to lack of SAP PI between ECC & SRM, since we have ECC 6.0 with Ehp 4 and SRM7.0 and I came to know that for above config,

For SRM7.0 object type CCTR (Central contract), it is mandatory that the back system should be ERP6.0 with EhP4. Also its mandatory to use PI 7.1 with ESOA services.

We just gotta PI , so it'll take lot time to make connectivity with it and test.

So Can or anyone you please suggest me, whether this CCTR in SRM can be used as a Souce of Supply in below ( we are using only CLASSIC SCENARION?

1.Shopping Cart -Indirect Material

2.Shopping Cart -Direct Material

3.Shopping Cart -Services

4.Local SRM PO-Indirect Material

5.Local SRM PO-Direct Material

6..Local SRM PO-Services

Please confirm.

Thanks

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Any news on this Please ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

It is still big pain for us. Can anyone suggest ....

1. Is it possible any how , by doing some enhancement... using some BADi /Exit..etc to pull ECC Contract as a Source of Supply, while creating SRM PO directly ..just like in ME21N in ECC we take refernce of Contract ? Had some one done this ?

2. In Classic Scenarion, Central Contract is not proposing as a SoS. I undestnad that system will propse on B/E SoS. Okay.

Then in case of Shopping Cart for Indirect Material :

2.1) Is it the case that, if we use CLASSIC SCENARION , we can NOT use CENTRAL CONTRACT Locally in SRM , as a SoS in Shopping Cart ?

2.2) If not, then can the distributed Central Contract in ECC, can be used in S/C for Indirect Material?

( While creating Local SRM PO, system proposing Centract Contract as a SoS )

Our Ultimate AiM is, to use ONLY ONE SOURCE OF SUPPLY in ECC ( in ME21N) & in SRM ( for Shopping Cart and Local SRM PO) for DIRCET MATERIAL, IN-DIRECT MATERIAL & SERVICES !!!!!!!!... I'm fed up this now ???

Appriciate reply.

Thanks

NAP