cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock take of serial number managed products in WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP gurus,

I am facing a problem when doing stock take of serial number managed products in WM.

When counting stock in a particular bin, SAP doesn't say / know which serial numbers are expected in that bin.

We are doing continuous inventory. So, in a particular stocktake run, we are selecting certain bins for stocktake.

Say there are qty 10 of a serialised product in a bin. SAP shows the book qty as 10 for that bin.

If I find 8, I enter the count qty as 8. Then WM clearence goes thru OK.

But when performing IM clearance, I need to specify which 2 serial numbers are missing.

How do I know that ? I can say which 8 serial numbers are in that bin, I can't say which one is missing, because there are 100s of this material in other bins, and also there are some in Delivery Despatch area and/or Returns area.

Can someone please suggest how to deal this scenario.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks

Bis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bis,

If you are using ERP WM, In standared system you don't have input option to enter the serial numbers for the difference quantity. the only way is you have to go for enhancement.

If you are using EWM, this system provided an option to enter serial numbers for inventory count (if you done customization for that.)

Regards,

Madhu