cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No FI document created after settling a WBS element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Does any of you have experience with the system that does not create a FI document when settling an expense WBS element?(settle to a cost center). The system however created a Controlling Document. What needs to be done to correct this issue?

Thank you for your advise.

Tin Nguyen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure why the system would create an FI document when settlement is only secondary

In my opinion the system is behaving OK if your cost on WBS is also secondary (e.g internal labour)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

We are using primary cost element. We posted additional costs to WBS element and the system provided an Accounting document and a Controlling document after the settlement of WBS element.

We need to know why the system behave this way (a hick up?missing configuration?...).

Tin Nguyen

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Based on what you have said the system is behaving OK - still can't see the problem

You posted actual cost primary - you settled - you got Accounting documents - that is what SAP does!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The system did not generate FI document when executing the settlement. We reversed the settlement and again there was no FI document. Only controlling documents were created. I understand that the system should always generate both FI and controlling documents when settling costs. In our case, I do not understand the reason why the system did not generate an FI document. Please explain the system's behaviour if you have seen this issue before

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tin,

Since you are using Primary cost elements for posting as well settlement.

Regards,

Sudhakar