cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete the files attached to a DMS document using the archive link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are using SAP DMS and IXOS server for our client to store their contract documents. The documents are stored using "Check in Archive" link through DMS.

I have a problem wherein client has attached a wrong pdf file to one of DMS documents. They now want to overwrite/delete the wrong attached file. And replace it with the correct one.

I looked through various options in CV02N for deleting an attached file but could not find any.

Does anyone have idea about this? (I have looked through the forums but it has all question regarding deleting the DMS document. Here, the client doesn't want to delete the DMS document, just the file attached to it)

I will be grateful any help.

Thanks.

Ketki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to delete the file if the status of the document is not locked. If the status is locked, the only solution to this may be to create a new version and replace the existing file in the new version or to change the status network to unlock the status while you temporarily make the change if you need to keep the version as the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athol, Thank You for your reply!!

The problem is there is no option in cv02n to delete the attached file. Do you know the option or tcode through which we can delete the file attached to the document?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you right click on the file, there should be an option to delete. If its greyed out, then the status of the document is probably locked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your immediate response.

I am using the "Check In Archive" link to store the document. And so only option I have in cv02n is to use "Display from Archive". This opens the file in the browser. And there is no option in browser or on the file to delete it. Neither on right-click also.

Also, I am curious to know can we replace the file attached to a document. Since we are using the "Check In Archive" link, whenever we attach a file, system appends it to the document. Hence on using "Display from Archive" link, system opens all the 3-4 files in differet tabs. Is there a way that we can replace an attached file using the Archive link.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That makes sense. You can use IXOS as a repository without using the check into Archive option.

My suggestion would be to create a new version of the document and then replace the file in the new version. It should allow for this even with the check into archive option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks once again for your immediate response.

Version option might help. But still i am looking for a way to delete the attached document.

My client has uploaded few wrong files in some cases. And they don't want those file to be stored in the respository. One of the option i suggested was to delete the document itself and archive it from the system. But they don't seem to be satisfied with it. Hence I am looking for an option to delete the file attahced using "Check in Archive" link.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deleting Archive files is normally a bigger issue than DMS due to security reasons. OAOR caters for deleting ArchiveLink files but I don't know whether it caters for deleting Archive Files in SAP DMS. You could try using it and see if it works but I can't guarantee it would. Not many people use the check into archive option anymore because you can setup a normally HTTP repository for SAP DMS on IXOS and then use the normal checkin function to store documents. I'll check my notes and see if there are any other options but I haven't used the check in to archive option in about 8 or 9 years.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Athol.. Tcode OAOR helped us select and delete the archived files. Also, this tcode is a really powerful tool to do a lot of things.

Also, Thanks for your suggestion for using direct link to IXOS. I will definitely look into it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Your query is not clear ?

Are u using SAP DMS or Archive link as these are two different document storage function provided by SAP.

Also u mentioned using IXOS Document management system so u would be probably using the IXOS Server as a content server for storing the documents thru SAP Archive link?

is this the approach ? Also are u using a connector between Archive link & IXOS?

thnx

john

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Am extremely Sorry for not clearly specifying the details in my question.

Well, we are using IXOS as a content server for storing the documents through SAP Archive Link.

We are not storing any documents in SAP DMS.

In our Content Repository settings, we have setup the following options:

Document Area: ARCHLINK ArchiveLink

Storage Type : 04 HTTP Server

Protocol: SAPHTTP

Hope this info helps.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Ketki