cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Shopping Carts

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We recently upgraded to SRM 7.0 and I have had a few users create carts that seem to have disappeared. In the new system a cart number is already generated and they are able to print preview the cart, so I can only assume those users did not actually click Order or Save.

However, I have found other scenarios where the user did save the cart (from screenshot they send us). But, if we go back through the shopping cart monitor or BBP_PD, there are no results. Is there another way to find these carts? How could they have disappeared?

Monique

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_wood2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We upgraded to SRM 7 3 weeks ago and are experiencing same issues that you described in your  post.  Did you find out root cause of this issue? Did you have any luck opening a message?

I can not see the carts in SLG1.

Any insight you have would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Michael Wood

The Walt Disney Company

michael.wood@disney.com

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, we never found an answer.  It is still happening today but not as much.  I can only assume that users are not saving the carts prior to closing the windows.

michael_wood2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for replying quickly to my post. Like you stated in your original post we can not reproduce.  If I am ever able to find a root cause I will send you a note. Best regards, Michael

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you can not find the document in BBP_PD, it means the document is not saved.

The best way to find root cause, you access the user system (not screen shot). Maybe users are in test system.

Regards,

Masa

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The screenshot was very helpful because it let me know that the status of the cart was at one time "saved". Our users do not have access to other systems and the number range of the carts are different in each system.

If the cart that was originally saved is deleted, would it still show up in BBP_PD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check for any short dumps (ST22), logs (SLG1) or table locks (SM12) (table lock is more probable reason) during such an incident.

regards,

MRao

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We looked at those t-codes as well but could not find anything. This will have to remain a mystery since OSS is unable to assist until I can actually recreate the issue.

Monique

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

While it will be impossible to actually recreate this issue for OSS, if anyone has ever encountered this scenario at their organization, please let me know how you cleared up the mystery.

I don't know if the users may be clicking on something incorrectly or if it is the web browser they are using. In most cases, users appear to be doing everything correctly and they are able to create the carts again without any issue.

I can understand if the user did not actually save or order the cart that it would not be in the system. However, our users are saying that they are placing the orders and I have no reason to doubt them.

I even found an instance where the cart showed up in SLG1 but that was the only place and there were no errors.

Monique

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If anyone has a solution for me in regards to shopping carts that were created but do not appear, please let me know. I have got too many users experiencing the "lost cart" syndrome since we upgraded to SRM 7.0. These users know how the system works and they do not have access to any other systems except Production.

In some cases, I can see the cart in SLG1, but no place else.

Monique