cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.11 sp5 post install steps - SLD update hangs in IE browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

This is my first shot at installing PI ever. We decided to go with PI 7.1 EHP1 and SP5. I think the latest may be SP6.

At any rate, we're doing this on AIX 6.1 and Oracle 10.2.0.4.

I followed the install Guide exactly. Did the sapinst, oracle and patch. Next, I manually updated the KERNEL, IGS , JVM, Then I updated SPAM, SAP_BASIS, then all the other abap components. Then did JSPM and all those components. Everything matches SP5 for PI 7.11

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/maintenanceNWPI71

SAP_ABA 711 0005 SAPKA71105

SAP_BASIS 711 0005 SAPKB71105

PI_BASIS 711 0005 SAPK-71105INPIBASIS

ST-PI 2008_1_710 0003 SAPKITLRE3

SAP_BW 711 0005 SAPKW71105

ST-A/PI 01M_BCO710 0001 SAPKITAB8F

Now I'm doing the post install steps that are in the instguide. THere are tons of steps, but let me go over the big ones and where I'm having a problem:

READ ALL THESE NOTES:

Note 1309239 - Configuration Wizard: PI NetWeaver initial setup

Note 1286149 - Configuration Wizard: PI Self Test for NetWeaver

Note 1107808 - Collective Note: Configuration Wizard 7.1

Note 1286428 - Configuration Wizard: PI Wizard Templates overview

Note 1115280 - PI CTC: Running SAP NW for PI in a different client

At this point, based on being at PI 7.11 and SP5, I did the client copy. from 000 SAP_UCUS to my new 400 client. Then I did 001 SAP_USER to my new 400 client.

Then I followed the steps to link the java UME from 001 to 400. No problem after restarted SAP, it goes to 400.

Now, the next step as I see it is to run the initial config wizard out of NWA. I did that, no errors.

My problem is when I get to updating the SLD. I started at cimsap 1.5.42 and CRDelta 5.0....

I updated cimsap to the cimsap51509_1-20005942.zip which took me to 1.6.9

Next, I tried to import CRDelta51509_1-20005942.ZIP. I "browse" to find it during the import, but when I click the "IMPORT" button, my browser hangs...

I don't even get to the next page where it would be one more "warning/info" before I could really start the import.

I didn't find anything in the work directory or the cluster/server0/log directory.

I search all through SDN/OSS but could not find anyone who had this problem.

Where did I mess up? Are there other config wizards I should have run before I tried to update the SLD?

--NICK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Try running that using the "Compatibility View" of the Internet Explorer.

If that does not help, then you may try using the manual steps of the link

below to complete the wizard manually.

Wizard-Based Configuration:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/a9b8cb7e28674be10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Caio,

Thanks for the response but it doesn't actually answer my question. But to that point, for a "basic" PI post install, which of the NWA config tasks would you run other than the "initial config" ? And would you run them BEFORE you updated the SLD content (cimsap/CRDelta) ?

NW: PI - AS ABAP (Basic Configuration for Idoc, Proxy): Maintain

PI Adapter Engine in JPR Mode

PI Demo Client

PI Full Qualified Host Name

PI Self Test for NetWeaver

PI SLD Self Registration

Specifically, I did the SAPINST - ABAP/JAVA patches - Client copy - and THEN the initial config wizard (Setup a new local SLD, ). Also, during the initial config, I clicked the box marked "This SLD will be used as a name server for development" and my PI server hostname was already in the box marked "object server name". This config took about 30 minutes. I didn't see any errors or warnings. although I didn't view the log. I did go into Java JEE services and Filter for Services with name "XPI". All were green.

THEN I tried to update the SLD content.

any thoughts appreciated.

NICK

0 Kudos

Hey Nick,

Anwering to your questions:

>But to that point, for a "basic" PI post install, which of the NWA config tasks would you run other than the "initial config" ?

I'd recommend the same notes you said you have already gone through, specially the "PI NetWeaver initial setup".

>And would you run them BEFORE you updated the SLD content (cimsap/CRDelta)

I think so, since you're just finishing the installation with the post-installation steps.

And also, concerning the SLD update that is hanging, have you tried the compatibility mode I advised you to do so?

And have you tried to do that in another machine but yours?

Please notice too that you should NOT run the Wizard more than once, because it can lead to a lot of behaviours.

If you did run that already and it's not working now, you may have to refer to the MANUAL steps I sent you before.

Kind regards,

Caio Cagnani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. We ended up doing a new install. Hopefully it will go better. Thanks for your suggestions.

--NICK