cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long seq read times on sender sys for tables DPAYH and DPAYP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I'm doing a ERP initial package for time based reduction . My sender and receiver ECC systems are at ECC6.0 EHP3. My TDMS packages for sender/receiver are at this level:

DMIS_CNT 2006_1_700 0013 SAPK-61713INDMISCNT

DMIS_EXT 2007_1_700 0007 SAPK-71707INDMISEXT

DMIS_HR 2008_1_700 0004 SAPK-81704INDMISHR

My controller/Central system is at this level for TDMS packages:

DMIS 2006_1_700 0013 SAPK-61713INDMIS

DMIS_CNT 2006_1_700 0013 SAPK-61713INDMISCNT

DMIS_BSC 2008_1_700 0005 SAPK-81705INDMISBSC

DMIS_EXT 2007_1_700 0007 SAPK-71707INDMISEXT

DMIS_HR 2008_1_700 0004 SAPK-81704INDMISHR

Like I said, I'm doing a time based reduction with 1 years worth of data. I am including HR/payroll tables.

I'm at the step in the data transfer section:

Start Data Selection for Header Tables PC002_MT_CLUSTER_FILL_HEADER_TABLES

On the sender system, it is doing a sequential read on tables DPAYH and DPAYP. These have been running for days.

SELECT

FROM

"DPAYP"

WHERE

"MANDT" = :A0 AND "LAUFD" = :A1 AND "LAUFI" = :A2 AND "ORIGN" = :A3 AND "XVORL" = :A4 AND "PAYNO" =

:A5#

SELECT

FROM

"DPAYH"

WHERE

"MANDT" = :A0 AND "LAUFD" = :A1 AND "LAUFI" = :A2 AND "ORIGN" = :A3 AND "XVORL" = :A4 AND "PAYNO" =

:A5#

I've done many successful TDMS copies before, but usually I exclude HR. But this time I need it.

Do you guys have any tips on what I should be doing on this step?

Many thanks,

NICK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may consider upgrading to SP16 of TDMS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, do you have any recommendations on making the "Start deletion of data in Receiver system" go faster? Are there things that can be tuned before this step?

--NICK

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case it is possible in your case you may totally avoid the receiver client deletion by creating a new receiver client by making a copy of a relevant client using SAP_UCSV profile.

So you may skip the client deletion activity and set the status of that activity manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion

NICK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sandeep_Kumar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The selection time depends on the size of these tables and how much data you want to fetch ( in your case its 1 year) .

Secondly as sugegsted by Pankaj upgrade the SP for DMIS_CNT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys. As it turns out, during this phase, the temp_tablespace on the sender box were missing. And that caused an abort on the job. We got that fixed, but I am just going to start over.

Yeah, I think moving to the latest SP is a good idea also. I'll consider that once I get this one done.

thanks for the responses.

NICK

Former Member
0 Kudos

This thread mentions ways to increase speed of the delete of the receiver system:

It says to SE16 V_CNVTDMS_09_CTR on controller/sender, the increase "Max. parallel progs. per tab" from default of 6 to some other higher number.

What do you guys think about that?

--NICK