cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read the Inter face node values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to read the interface node values ,created another component by a programer.

I have used that component in My component so that i can read the interface node values and set the values to same the same after performing some actions.

I have mapped the interface node to my component controller and trying to read the node values.Before that I have instantiated the compoent also.

but I am unable to get the values or set the values to the same interface node.

please advise me wher I am going wrong.

Regards,

xavier.P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the error or problem you are facing in this process.

check whether you have activated the component again.

and if you want to read the interface node in the view then you need to add the interface controller of the used component in the

used controller of view.

thanks

sarbjeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sarbjeet,

I have mapped the inteface node to component controller context and trying to read the values in WDDOINIT method of the component controller,but I am not getting any values.

Xavier.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

are you getting any error or you expect some values and you get initial vale ?

How does the values get populated in the other (used )component and on which method context's are filled ? DoInit ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi baskar,

we have two component like QUALITATIVE and QUANTITATIVE.

in the qualitatve component there is common view for Bothe the componentsQUALITATIVE and QUANTITATIVE.

in the Common view,there is a field called assment type.if the assessment type '1' selected and clicked and save button it will call the views related to QUALITATIVE.

if assessment type '2' is selected and clicked on save button it should call the QUANTITATIVE component and at the same it is populating some values to the common view.

I am trying to read those common values populated from QUANTITATIVE component.

but I am getting initial values(no error/dump).

I am trying to read wddoinit of coponent controller.

Regards,

Xavier.P

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

I am trying to read those common values populated from QUANTITATIVE component.
but I am getting initial values(no error/dump).

you must have made the node/attribute from where these values are popualated as a interface node ..rite?

you wrote that

but I am getting initial values(no error/dump)

so what these values are and from where ....i think if the problem is with values not refreshing then the node can be instantiated ....more clarification from your side will help me to provide a better help.

regards,

sahai.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier.P

It seems you are working with the MIC (Master Inspection Characteristics).

Now for technical:

1. What is the master view?

Is it the common view?

2. In which do init you are trying to read the assessment type?

Scenario 1:

When you are reading the data in the Master view you can not get because you have a condition on click of the button the value changes.

Scenario 2:

When you are reading the Assignment type in QUALITATIVE / QUANTATIVE / Any component DO INIT. You shall not get data. Because the component(Object) has been initiated much before the button is clicked as you mapped the interface. In that case the objects get initialize at the time of the 1st component got created during run time.

So you get the value at wd Modify of any view.

Hope it will help to resolve the issue.

-Pradip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

It is bit confusing with the quantitative,qualitative naming as components. As i already asked you, is it that you expected some value and you are not getting that value, you get initial value. IS this right ?.

As the previous post suggest , the place where you fill the context and where you read it does matter a lot.

You try creating a interface method in called component which will return the values you need (values can be node_element references, structure, tables etc) or which should fill the context for you for specific situation.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Xavier ,

check whether you are using GET_STATIC_ATTRIBUTE to read the node......because generaly when we use the code wizard to get the node the node is read using this function but when it comes to interface nodes we generally set the attribute in one component and read in another component so as soon as out control leaves the first component and reaches another it refreshes the node and hence we are not able to read the value in second component .

so try using GET_ATTRIBUTE and SET_ATTRIBUTE...

i think this may solve your problem

regards,

sahai.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahi,

I have used both the methods GET_ATTRIBUTE and SET_ATTRIBUTE also,but unable to get the values.

I think problem is only with the mapping. some where sth I am missing.

Regards,

Xavier.p

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier ,

just check the following things..

The scenario is like you have COMP A and COMP B. Now you want value from COMP A to COMP B.

Then to get values by using interface node:-

COMP B:-

1. Youi need to declare a node in component controller in COMP B. Make that node interface node by clicking the check box.

COMP A:-

1.Declare the use of COMP A in component use.

2 As soon as you you do this you will see component use in your tree structure of component.

expand it you will get interface controller, click on it

3. Now under context interface controller you can see the nodes of COMP B ( interface nodes ).

4. Click on controller usage button above it , select component controller of COMP A. (nodes in the component controller of COMP A wilol be visible)

Here you have the interface node of COMP B in left side and component controller of COMP A in the right.

5.Map the inteface node with the appropriate node.

'

by this way you define the external mapping.

Now when you call the COMP B from COMP A you can pass the value requiered.

Below thread might can help you:-

[Component Usage|;

Thanks & Regards ,

Monishankar C