Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Usage of SAPBEX setVariables method?

Dear all,

I have a question regarding the usage of the SAPBEXsetVariables method which is part of the SAPBEX VBA-API.

I want to invoke a BEx Workbook from a VBA-Macro. The query, embedded in this workbook, is

using variables. (Some of the variables are further being processed by user exit, once a value for these variables

has been set.)

When opening the Workbook from my VBA-Macro, I don't want the variable screen to pop up. The variables should be set automatically during runtime, e.g. read from a spreadsheet. No user interaction should be necessary (reason: I need to batch process some 100 variables, that means, my workbook is being invoked a 100 times).

The method SAPBEXSetFilterValue does not work in this scenario, because of the above mentioned variable processing by user exit.

I thought, the SAPBEXsetVariables(varValues As Range) method might be the solution. Unfortunately, I couldn't find out, how to handle this method.

I understand, that the method is reading the variables and their respective values from an Excel Range object.

But I have no idea how variables and values need to be arranged within the range object.

Any help on this topic? Am I on the right track at all?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Yogen Weinreich

Tags:
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question