cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing Fundamentals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SAP-SD. Can anyone explain me the pricing fundamentals and what is condition creation.For what Access Sequence is used.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dhilipan, pricing in SAP basically operates thru a principle called "Condition Technique". The condition technique is a central principle in SAP R/3.

In a nutshell you have these 5 basic elements;

1. Pricing Procedure (configuration: V/08, determination: OVKK)

2. Condition Types (V/06)

3. Access Sequence (V/07)

4. Accesses or Condition Tables (V/03)

5. Field Catalog

From a condition type+access sequence, you will be able to create a "condition record" which can be reflected in your pricing (pricing procedure determined in your document). An access sequence is a collection of condition tables or "accesses" which are key combinations (or combinations of fields) that you can use to maintain your condition records. The access sequence may serve as a tool to prioritize condition records over each other (via the specified sequence if exclusive).

Additional References:

1. http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/EN/dd/56168b545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

2.http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/EN/dd/5616d9545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

Hope this helps,

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Eva. That was very helpful. I have another doubt in differentiating Item Category Group and Item category in Sales Order. Why do we need Item category again in sales order when we have already defined the item category group in Material Master(Sales Org.2).....I am new to SAP-SD. Kindly help me if u know.

former_member365422
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dhilipian,

Item category Group is assigned to material in material master. Item category group is used to determine item category in sales order.

Item category controls the behavior of item in sales order and further processing. There are many setting which has to be maintained in item category in T code VOV7. just go to item category detail screen and press F1 in every field you will come to know about use of that field.

Better go through your certification book again to understand the process.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards

Mayank

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Why do we need Item category again in sales order when we 
    have already defined the item category group in Material Master

Please search the forum before posting such question. Dont get confused with item category flowing sale order with item category group in material master which are different.

Any item category in sale order will flow based on the settings you maintained in VOV4.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (0)