cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop IM posting from interim storage bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a WM activated where the Transfer order is created and posted automatically when any material movement is posted.

Now when the stock in WM is already allocated to delivery still its possible to post the IM.

For e.g.

1 peice of material 'ABC' is available in IM and also in warehouse. A outbound delivery is created which has trigered a transfer order. Now the stock is lying in 916 interim storage type.

other user does a transfer posting movement (311 movement) of same material. Since the material is not available in the normal storage type, the transfer order is not created automatically.

Now the stock lies in 921 interim storage type.

I want to avoid such scenario. Is it possible to stop any posting in IM if the stock is not available in the normal storage type?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In transaction OMM8 which is exclusion of st types from stringent FIFO

set the 'No stringent fifo flag for your interim st types and this shopuld stop the system from picking from there.

Set for all st types beginning with 9 unless you have 915 for fixed bin picking

This will cure the issue

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frenchy,

Thanks for your valuable input. This was something new for me.

I checked the settings in OMM8, the 'No stringent FIFO setting' is there for all the Interim storage type.

I think this will not help because when the IM posting is done, since there is no stock in normal storage type, system is not creating a transfer order (as per customization which is to created TO automatically). It only creates a open transfer requirement without finding a source storage bin.

However we have found another way to stop the posting. we have set a availability check rule to the transaction and movement type in IM which check the available stock during the posting and sets a waring/error message.

However this is at IM level.

Is it possible to stop the posting at IM via some setting in WM?

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please suggest me on the below?

Iu2019m trying to move a stock from WM to IM i.e. storage location 0001 (Warehouse managed) to 0003 (Non u2013 Warehouse) and business does not want FIFO (First in First out) activity, system should pick the material from the mentioned storage type u2013 storage bin.