cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Registry - Tab: "used by"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have seen that the SAP Service Registry offers a Tab: "Used By" for the web service providers.

1. I suppose that the meaning of that tab is to list all consumers using a provider web service. Correct?

2. Unfortunately I have not found any documentation how to use or fill that tab. Anybody have made experience how to use it?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Karsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

any ideas?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the answers, but i have some doubts about what have been written.

A.) "So when external system try to handshake PI server for consuming webservice, PI first send the request first to service registry to lookup whether that kind of webservice available to use or not."

Up to my knowledge the SR (Service Registry) plays a mayor role during design time but not during runtime. Do you have some documentation which describes the communication/look up you are mentioning?

B.) "To dig deeper of this there is a process integration handbook on SDN which talks about the classification of services avaialable and some stuff.."

Can you please post the link to the document you are talking about?

So I am still wondering how I can use the tab: "Used BY". For sure i register service providers in the SR and this tab is a property of an service provider, so i am still tending to say that the consumers can register in this tab and in this way i have a list of all consumers using a service interface (provider).

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have seen that the SAP Service Registry offers a Tab: "Used By" for the web service providers.

1. I suppose that the meaning of that tab is to list all consumers using a provider web service. Correct?

It is otherway around...i.e providers publish their services to the registry and the consumers search for them to utilise..

This is related to SOA ... for Netweaver SAP appls...

This tab is meant for the entire landscapes to implement the SOA with PI as the service bus (ESB) ..

this tab will be useful for reusign the enterprise services designed so that all other applications can consume the same...

To dig deeper of this there is a process integration handbook on SDN which talks about the classification of services avaialable and some stuff..

good luck

Regards

Rajesh

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>> 2. Unfortunately I have not found any documentation how to use or fill that tab. Anybody have made experience how to use it?

When you create webservice using sender soap adapter, you can publish it to the external systems to consume using service registry. So when external system try to handshake PI server for consuming webservice, PI first send the request first to service registry to lookup whether that kind of webservice available to use or not.

Basically service registry in simple words like a container which maintain details or references of webservices that are hosted in the PI.