cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Versions of NWDI and As

0 Kudos

Hi,

My Team needs to implement a Portal running on Java AS 7.3 but we want to use our old NWDI running on 7.0.

Is this possible?

Are the things we have to watch carefully?

Hope you can help.

Christopher Tuck

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

do you have further questions in this topic? If not, I kindly ask you to close the thread by marking it as answered else feel free to contact us.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

this is of course possible, NWDI is only a framework. The question is rather what is the version of the target system where you deploy, and what is the version of the dependent SCs you specify for your custom developed SC.

Please have a look at this more detailed at:

/people/marion.schlotte/blog/2005/10/25/jdi-software-vs-jdi-content

The following guide details how to proceed if you have a 700 NWDI and you want to do 710 development:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7014086d-3fd9-2910-80bd-be341781...

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know what the official statement of SAP is, but as far as I know the NWDI should have at least the same version as the software tracks that are being developed.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristopher,

I agree with Mark about having the highest version for your NWDI, as it is more common to be downwards compatible then upwards compatible.

But it is possible to have "an older" NWDI then your runtime AS. For that you only need to have the latest SLD content imported in your SLD, adjust the CBS settings in the Visual Administrator i.e. the "JDK_HOME_PATHS" and "BUILD_TOOL_JDK_HOME" and add a new "Build Variant" to your new track in the CMS Landscape Configurator.

For more information, there is a How To....Guide named How Tou2026 Setup an NWDI Track for Composition Environment Developments on SDN. I do not have the exact link unfortunally.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alain.