cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In EIC, how can we set the SLA of a subcategory to none SLA-related.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This is our current setup in EIC...

Category 0501 has an SLA of 8 hours. Subcategory 050101 has to be none SLA relevant. But if we put zero or blank to the SLA Target Value field, it will automatically have a due date defaulted to today. If we will not indicate 050101 on the configuration, it will have the 0501 SLA of 8 hours.

How can we set the 050101 SLA off?

The path: IMG --> Personnel Management --> Employee Interaction Center (EIC) --> Interaction Center Web-Client --> Application Functions --> Activity --> Service Level Agreement (SLA) --> Define SLV Properties

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a top subcateogory (level2) that has 6 subcategories (level 3) under it with same SLA, hence I could see only one entry in the table:V_HREIC_SLA_TGT.

However, there is a new requirement to add 7th subcategory (level3) with a different SLA.

1) Can I create a new entry in the table marking SLA for this subcategory alone or
2) Should i need to create 7 entries in the table marking SLA individually

3) Please clarify what is activity priority under selection criteria tab in the    table: V_HREIC_SLA_TGT

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should create 7 entries as you build the SLA's at the lowest level where there are differences.

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maria

try this - instead of putting 0 or blank put the SLA as 9999 hrs, calculating based on working hrs per day, that is like more than 3 years, and hopefully the activity will be closed by then and the SLA will never be activated? so it just like not having an SLA. I know this is not ideal, but I cannot think of any other way to achieve this.

Do you think this will work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thank you sou much for replying quickly.

I've tried what you suggested. But on the SLA screen in EIC, the execution time is showing the 9999 hours. On top of that, it will send out a reminder in an hour. Perhaps, that is in the programming. But is there a way that could hide the 9999 hours, and that the reminder be set off?

Thanks.

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

It has been more than a year since I saw EIC config, so I don't remember exactly, but you can try the following.

In the same config node you have mentioned, the place where you set SLA Target definition, there is a checkbox "Display". I think if you uncheck this it will not display to the agent in the front end.

Also in the same place where you set the SLA as 9999 hrs, you can set the reminder duration, set this also to a very high value such as 9999 hrs.

Give this a try and see if it works.

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria

You should build the SLA from the lowest level up and you will not have any issues. If you have 8 subcats with an SLA and 1 without you will put the 8 entries in the table. The only time you build at the category level is when the entire area has the same SLA.

On a side note I am moving this questions to the EIC Forum.

Thanks

Jarret

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There you go, Maria, it appears you are in good hands now, so all the best, and I hope your problem gets resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish and Jarret.

@Harish, I already tried unchecking the checkbox of the Display field but the problem with this is, it will also apply for the rest of the categories. It should only be for this specific subcategory.

@Jarret, apology, but can you explain to me further about your instruction/advise? I get the feeling that we're on to something with your advise but I didn't quite get it on how to exactly.

1. You should build the SLA from the lowest level up...

-I'm not really sure how, actually.

2. If you have 8 subcats... will put the 8 entries in the table...

-where do I put the 1 subcat? This is because if I don't put that "No SLA" subcat in the table, the due date of that specific subcat will automatically appear todayu2019s date.

Thanks for both of you. I really appreciate your help.

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria

Just go into the V_HREIC_SLA_TGT table and build the SLA for all the subcategories that are applicable.....and dont enter in any entry for those that dont. If is obviously easier if the entire category is the same as only 1 entry is needed but if even 1 subcategory doesnt have an SLA than you build at that level which in my example above would mean 8 entries (multiplied out for priority) and the 1 that didnt have an SLA wouldnt have an entry.

Hope this helps.

Jarret

www.eicexperts.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarret,

Apology, my explanation to you was somewhat juggled up. If I may go back to the beginning, this is what really happened.

First, I actually didn't include the "NO SLA" subcategories in the table (V_HREIC_SLA_TGT). The result was, it automatically took the SLA of its parent category.

Second, I put the subcategory in the table and left it blank. But it then had the today's date appearing in the Due Date.

Third, as advised by Harish, I put the "9999" in the SLA Target Value (hours) field and "99" in the Minute field. It's good actually except that on the SLA screen in EIC, the execution time is showing the 9999 hours. Hence the question I asked after, how do we hide it? We tried un-checking the display box in the SLA target definition, but it affected all other categories which should not be the case.

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria

The parent category should only be configured if the entire underlying subcategories follow the same SLA rules....if not you build from the lowest level up (ie subcat)

Hope this helps.

Jarret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarret,

Thanks so much for staying up with me on this issue.

Per your advise, this is what I did. I deleted all the categories on the table and then re-created them but starting on the lowest (which is our concern that it should have no SLA). I left the SLA Target Value and Remider fields blank. Then I moved upward with the rest of the categories. However, when I checked in EIC, the SLA of the concern subcategories showed the current date.

Let me know if I did not do it right.

Thanks.