cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-using Sender Communication Channel with Soap Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For sending webservices from external application to PI I have created a Sender Communication Channel with SOAP adapter. And i am using this in an Integrated Configuration.

If i create a second Integrated Configuration, for sending another webservice, can i re-use the existing Communication Channel or do i have to create a new one?

(from the details i have to fill in i would think i can re-use but i would like to be sure about it.)

Will it affect performance if use that same channel 100 times? Should i then still use one channel? Or maybe create one channel per 10 serivces (or something like that)?

Thx

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> For sending webservices from external application to PI I have created a Sender Communication Channel with SOAP adapter. And i am using this in an Integrated Configuration.

>

> If i create a second Integrated Configuration, for sending another webservice, can i re-use the existing Communication Channel or do i have to create a new one?

> (from the details i have to fill in i would think i can re-use but i would like to be sure about it.)

>

>

> Will it affect performance if use that same channel 100 times? Should i then still use one channel? Or maybe create one channel per 10 serivces (or something like that)?

>

> Thx

> Robert

Hi Robert,

There's no problem in using the same CC.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thx for replies. I guess 4 to 1 says i was right and so does sap.help.

I will go ahead and do as planned.

Regards

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

You can Use the Same SOAP sender for Multiple interfaces provided your sender application is same for all Multiple interfaces

go ahead.

Regards

Praveen Kalwa

Edited by: praveen kalwa on Jan 19, 2011 12:17 PM

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can't use SOAP seder channel for multiple interfaces..realtion should be always 1 to 1.

if you want to use similar configurations then create channel with different name.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

We can reuse the same communication channel for multiple interfaces from PI 7.1X. There was a restriction for it being 1:1 but it no longer holds true.

Please check the below link for Sender Agreements (PI 7.11): It mentions that this restriction applies only for File, JDBC and JMS adapters.

<http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/db/73e03fc2269615e10000000a155106/frameset.htm>

Best Regards,

Pratik

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>> Will it affect performance if use that same channel 100 times? Should i then still use one channel? Or maybe create one channel per 10 serivces (or something like that)?

You can use the same communcation channel for both the webservices provided if the processing parameters are same for both. using same channel is more efficient too.

example if the first webservice uses synchronous , we need Best effort and if the second one is asynchronous we need diff parameter then you might have to use different.