cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource network functionality in APO PPDS

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have two mixer M1,M2 and 4 packing line as P1,P2,P3,P4.In recipe M1 and M2 are primary and alternate in one operation,P1,P2,P3,P4 are alternate in another operation.

M1 is connected to P1 and P2,M2 connected to P3 and P4 in resource network in APO.

i have created order on P1 which is scheduling on M1 also. when i am moving the order from P1 to P3 in detail scheduling board system is not allowing.

Regards

pradeepta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Pradeepta,

You have two operations defined in PDS. When a order is created it is scheduled on both operations 10 & 20.

But you are trying to schedule only one operation 20 from P1 to P3 which is a violation according to resource network as P3 is not connected to M1. Only through optimization you will be able to achieve.

Otherwise create a dummy resource P5 and maintain this resource as alternate to P1, P2, P3 & P4. Maintain the resource network from M1 to P5 & M2 to P5. By doing the given setup you will be able to achieve manual planning on DS board. Plz follow the below steps

Before you shift the order at operation 20 from p1 to P3 you have to shift the order from P1 to P5 first then order of operation 10 from M1 to M2 and then P5 to P3.

Maintain the mode priority as Z for the resource P5 so that optimizer will not plan on P5

Thanks

Sravan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you have activity relationship between operation 10 & 20? You need to activate the order internal relationship in the strategry profile.

Regards

Shibu