Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few doubts on using interactive form's with Webdynpro Java

former_member225041
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am new to adobe forms but i have worked on WDJ. I have few doubts on using Adobe Interactive form's with Webdynpro Java.

I have a webdynpro application with multiple views And each view is having an interactive form.

1. My doubt is on click of button of one interactive form i want to navigate to other interactive form. How to acheive this in adobe form?(I know in webdynpro by using plugs)

2. Is it possible to design nested table in adobe interactive form ?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

1) You can place the button outside the adobe form within the view, which on click will navigate to next view which holds another adobe form.

2) Yes, It is possible to design nested tables in adobe interactive forms. Create the context nodes with nested structure in WebDynpro and just drag n' drop the generated context node structure into the form design view from the data view of Adobe Lifecycle Designer. The framework will automatically generate the nested tables for you.

Hope this clarifies your doubts.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

former_member225041
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Sanoosh,

But each interactive form is having few buttons and the requirement is to navigate on click of those buttons only.

WDJ views doesnt have any button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

It is possible to navigate to another view by a button click within the adobe form. The button should be 'Submit' button of WebDynproNative controls in the library palette. On click, the control comes in the webdynpro action 'onActionSubmit' of the form (Form Submit). From the action method you can trigger the plug to navigate to another WebDynpro view. Use the normal code to navigate to next view.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

former_member225041
Participant
0 Kudos

Here is a catch.

If i have 3 submitToSAP buttons on my adobe form ,how can my webdynpro view will identify which action to perform for each click ? (As Interactive UI element has only one event i.e. onSubmit())

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can add a context attribute to act as a flag for the actions you want to execute. You should set that attribute from the Interactive Form via scripting and check that flag in the submit method.

Best regards,

Aldo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

You should have only one submitToSAP button within the form. Keep one context attribute as a flag, set its value in adobe form and perform the corresponding action in WebDynpro action depending on the value in the flag.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

former_member225041
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Aldo and Sanoosh for being so prompt.

We have Add,Delete,Update and Details buttons. Do you mean to say i should use only 1 submitToSAP button and all other's as standard button from Adobe library?

I got an idea of solving my problem with flag but confused with using only 1 submitToSAP button.

Please help on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do it in both ways. You can have n-number of buttons making the submit or only one.

If you use only one button, you should have some place to indicate the action you want to perform and set the flag (e.g. radio buttons).

I prefer using different buttons for diferent actions, but it depends on your form design and usability.

Regards, Aldo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Vinay, the situation can be handled with multiple submitToSAP buttons as per the requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Answers (0)