cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GI:How to set Indicator:Item Not Relevant for Goods Movements LIPS-NOWAB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

does anybody know what i have to do to get the Indicator: Item Not Relevant for Goods Movements set for a good issue delivey position? (Table LIPS field NOWAB)

thanks in advance

Steffen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi further to Sheetal's response, "item relevant for delivery" is an indicator present at both "Item category " as well as the the "schedule line category" .

At the Item category level "Item relevant for delivery" is relevant only for value and text items and by enabling the check-box we indicate that the text item is relevant to be copied into the subsequent document.

At the Schedule line category level , if we uncheck the field "Item relevant for delivery" we indicate that the material is NOT relevant for physical goods delivery. In effect PGI cannot be performed for it.

Trust this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the thing is the following (maybe it doesn't work at all, i don't know) :

a) i have a "Non-stock" material (e.g.material type NLAG)

b)this material should be picked, so it should be relevant for the delivery (e.g.item category TAX)

c) for a special reason the "Total goods movement status" in the outbound delivery header shouldn't be "Not relevant", therefore i assigned the item category TAX to a shedule line category that has a movement type (e.g. CN)

d)but the bad thing is, that the customer has set the indicators "quantity updating" and "value updating" for the material type NLAG, and so the goods issue posting gets some errors. eg.g missing storage location etc.)

During debugging i found a coding that checks the sign NOWAB of lips, the documentation says:

"You can use this indicator to control whether the item is relevant for goods movement when the delivery is still being created.

When this indicator is set, goods movement is not posted for this item - regardless of the movement type assigned to it."

So i head the idea it might be possible to set this indication (Lips-nowab) somewhere in the sales order or somewhere else but maybe this conflicts with point c) above .

Maybe shomeone knows what to do or has a better idea.

Best regards

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this is related with the Item category, If the Item category has the field - Item relevant for delivery as unchecked then you can get the required indicator in delivery.

Thanks.