cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch quamtity post to blocked stock for certain material type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus!

I have 3 material types FERT, HALB, ROH. In all material types I have set inspection type 09 for recurring inspection.

Now, in QA07 transaction as per the recurring inspection interval, system sends the material for recurring inspection and at the same time if batch expiry has reached then stystem sends the batch stock to blocked stock.

I want for HALB and ROH material type system should trigger recurring inspection lot in QA07 and post the material to blocked stock if batch is expired.

But, in case of FERT material I want only material will move to blocked stock if it is expired but no recurring inspection lot should be generated.

I thought to put inspection interval as 5 years as my most the FERT material is having 4 years expiry date, but audit point of view I can't do that.

Hence, system is generating recurring inspection lot for FERT material for ins type 09 and also for expired batches it is moving it to blocked stock.

Kindly suggest how I can control this for material type.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Run QA07 as two batch jobs.

First run it with settings only for blocking of batches. Do not make any selections in the inspection lot creation section. Leave the days blank. Run this for you FERT materials only first. Your FERT materials should now be in blocked stock.

Then run it a second time with only inspection lot settings and now values in the batch blocking section.

The other alternative is to not maintain an inspection interval for your FERT materials. If you don't have a next inspection date maintained in the batch record and only an expiration date, then the QA07 program can only block the FERT material and will never create any inspection lots.

FF

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can deactivate 09 inspection type for the FERT.

AKM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I am deactivating the inspection type 09, QA07 can't send the expired batch in blocked stock.

Is there any other way to solve the issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use User Exit QAAT0001. This User Exit gets triggered whenever inspection lot is being created. Hence in case of yours, when creating Inspection Lots for FERT Material change the Inspection Type from 09 to Z09 which in the Material Master is not active. Hence Inspection Lot would not be generated.

Pre-Requisite: In the Material 09 and Z09 Inspection Types should be there, where 09 is active and Z09 is not active.

Please check and revert using this the Batch Status is changed to Blocked or not.

Best Regards,

Raghavendra K Nayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have your QA07 batch job to exclude FERT ( using the fields available on selections screen). Then Run a separate custom program to move it to bloced stock with IM Movement types. Standard SAP expects one to follow recurring inspection lot for deadline monitoring.

cheers

Rav