cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivering Plant not visible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I an unable ti understand why the delivering plant is not visible in the delivering plant field in a sales order. I have maintained the delivering plant in customer master but when i create the sales order the plant is visible at the item level but not at the header leve(on the front screen of sales order next to req. delivery date)

Can some one please help me with the solution.

Regards,

Wasim.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member365422
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear wasimuddin.sayed,

I am not sure why it is not getting saved but i believe use of that field is while creating sales order if we put sold to party, plant in header field, Materials and quantity and then press enter, Header plant is defaulted for all the materials (if all the material are maintained for that plant, if any material is not maintain for that plant system gives pop up proposing the correct plant for that line item)

Hope this helps

Regards

Mayank

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

SAP determine delivery plant at LINE ITEM level only. It will not determine at header level from customer master record.

thx

Dilip Sadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have copied the standard order type OR only, and also the plant is at item level. But I want the plant to be there in this filed only so that I can come to know from which delivering plant I am fulfilling my order.

Can any one please help.

Regards,

Wasim.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know that you were asking for the plant at header level and that is why I had also suggested to copy from OR. Else check for different sale order type which has already been created and update the forum whether you could see at header level.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when i create the sales order the plant is visible at the item level but not at the header level

By standard, the system will not populate at the header level, even you maintain the delivering plant at customer level or customer-material info record level. If you want the system to populate, then you need to use user exit for the same.

Regards,

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

System always determine Plant for each line item not at header level and it shouldnot have have any issue as

it will allow to save document and also have not an issue with any further document.

Regards

AJIT K SINGH

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

In R/3 delivering plant is determined by:

1. Customer-Material info record (Sales Area data)

2. Customer Master data (Sales area data)

3. Material Master data (Sales-area data)

Header and item level plants can differ.

the header level plant gets defaulted into the item level but you can change it.

Changing the Item level plant will not change the header level plant.

If these do not solve, then pls be more clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for your feedback. My issue is when you are making a sales order using VA01 on the first screen itself there is the field of delivering plant in the middle of the screen next to the required delivery date. This field is different than the plant field at item level.

I want to populate this field with the delivering plant. But when I enter the plant in this field it is not getting saved. What could be the problem and the possible solution.

Plz help, its very critical.

Regards,

Wasim.

former_member206170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi wasimuddin.sayed,

Could you please tell me the error that is being thrown ?

Thanks

Himanshu Bhusan Sahoo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

System does not give any error neither does it save the plant i enter in that field.

Regards,

Wasim.

former_member206170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wasim,

Please refer the link below. This might help.

Please let me know in case of issues.

Thanks

Himanshu Bhusan Sahoo.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably, you were trying to create sale order with some zee document type. Try once again by copying the standard order type OR in VOV8 and then check whether the plant is flowing.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi