cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Questions and Answers in Responses and Awards page in RFX in SRM7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts ,

In SRM7.0, we have new functionality Responses and Awards for RFx Resonses andother things . There we have obne function or button Questions and Answers , where we it seems we can send some Message to all or selected Contact Person of the Bidder .....

1. Can anyone suggest/confirm, that if above is True , then how message sent to Bidders Contact Person(s) ...by e-mail ?

2. And whether that Bidders Contact Person(s) can send/reply to Puchasers Message (i.e. 2 way communiction) ?

3. If yes..then HOW ..I means by e-mail or log in to SRM Bidding Engine ...

Thanks in advance.

Regards

NAP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

poovancheerirajendra
Active Participant
0 Kudos

To my knowledge Q&A is not for chat or sent message to bidder this is the criteria which we are fixing to assess vendor apart from the point material price.

Thanks & Regards

Rajendran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

If you are using Surrogate Bidding means Supplier submitting bid behalf of Bidder. So in this case Why Q&A is required while Supplier submitting bid? Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhi.

1st let me correct ur sentance , it may casue confusion to other " you are using Surrogate Bidding means Purchaser submitting bid behalf of Bidde So in this case Why Q&A is required while Purchaser submitting bid? "

You are right ! In practical/actual in surrogate bidding , it will NOT requiered at all (since Bidder will unable to access Bidding Engine and taht why we are using Surrogate Bidding option )

But, here, as I mentioned earlier, we didn't configured mail server yet and in Sandbox it is not in scope.....but I need to test all functionalities in SRM as a query to client and my curiosity as well....and thats why I am using Surrogate Bidding option .

So,

1. Can you confirm , whether Bidder have the same screen.window of "Question and Answer" ?

2.Is it possible to submit the Bid just like Bidder ( not Surrogate Bidding), by using his User id & password without configuring e-mail server ? Where to find the URL to access Bid Engine ?... I got the URL in mail ( SOST transction)..but thats not working...

Thanks

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Any news on this please ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Yes you are correct. Through Question and Answer, Purchaser can chat with Bidder. Both Purchaser and Bidder having same Question and Answer push button .If bidder wants to send message then he will click on the Question and Answer push button. Itu2018s same like as the chat .Messages will go through the chat only, it will not go through any e-mail.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great Thanks Abhi. Thanks. Resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Abhi ,

Due to unavailbity of e-mail server, I am testing Bidding functionality with Surrogate Bidding option.

I just tries to see this window of Question and Answer to see chat messge send by Purchaser in RFx.....but this option /window is not there while creating RFx Response or even after submitting the RFx Response.

1. What should be the problem ? ( I'm submitting the RFx Response as a Surrogate Bidder..is the problem ?)

2. Exactly in which Process/ step of RFx Response Bidder can see this windoe of Question and Answer ?

Thanks

Regards

NAP