cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT registration number in VD02 is in error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ALL,

I'm seeking your advice on the following error i encountered during a change in the customer master.

I have one customer with ES as it's country.

The current VAT registration number is ESB0062082C. However, i want to change it into ESW0062082C.

However, when i try to change it, the error "VAT registration number is invalid" appears.

When I try different VAT numbers like ESA########, ESC########, ESD########, ESF######## until ESH######## it is all accepted.

But when i use ESI######## to ESZ########, the error "VAT registration number is invalid" appears.

Can you please tell me what causes this? what should i modify in the customizing to allow ESW########?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The control digit (the final C) cannot go on C after change the root B by W. You can check the codification of VAT number in Spain in this [article of wikipedia|http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%BAmero_de_identificaci%C3%B3n_fiscal] (in spanish). You have a [link|http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C3%B3digo_de_identificaci%C3%B3n_fiscal] with the algorithm in differents programming languages.

If you have doubts, do a debugging session in function module EU_TAX_NUMBER_CHECK, when it call the subroutine check_digit_check_e.

Finally, here, in Spain, is usual that salesman (the people that usually give this kind of information) will be inaccurate with this kind of data.

Regards

Eduardo

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in OB88 what is maintained

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The only maitained entry in OB88 for ES is ESA58379629.

Should i maintain ESW0062082C in OB88 too?

Why does it allow different VAT numbers like ESA########, ESC########, ESD########, ESF######## until ESH######## even though it is not maintained in OB88.

Thanks for your support.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in customer master General Data whether any VAT number (Field STCEG) is maintained for those customers.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I still cannot add the ESW0062082C in VD02 (field STCEG).

Is there a customizing preventing the entry of a VAT reg number starting with ESW?

Why does it allow other VAT registration numbers to start like ESA up to ESH?

Thank you very much for your support.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Starting ESW is OK, check Note 1157769 - BP:TaxNumber: Spanish TaxNumber 1 validation for first digit.

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please check the settings:

SPRO - FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING NEW - F.A. GLOBAL SETTINGS - TAX - DEFINE DOMESTIC VAT REG NUMBERS & DEFINE FOREIGN REGISTRATION NUMBERS.

please check and update

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Balajia,

I am currently using SAP R/3 4.6C.

I cannot see the path you have mentioned in SPRO.

Can you please clarify?

Thank you very much.