cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer sales documents from development server to production server?????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Sales documents (like sales order, delivery and billing documents) in our organization are created in Production server.

But I have heard that in some organizations, sales documents and other business transactions are created in development server and then tranferred to production server. Is it true?

If yes, then as we know that we get the sales document number, not TRN (Transfer Request Number) when we save the sales documents, then how can we transfer those sales documents to production server.

Please resolve the issue.

Regards,

Vishal Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all why you want to transfer sales document numbers to live environment???

The Number ranges of the sales documents client specific DEV client number ranges and prodution number ranges are diffrent.

u have to create at prodution level.

And Sales Document types has to Define in DEV server and transport to QUALT. once testing is done same tranport to live.

Dev

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vishal,

official procedure is

DEV - QTY - PRD

DEV create through a transportation request and transfer it to QTY then test it and transport to PRD.

here i have to clarify one thing to you.

sales document types like sales order, delivery & billing documents are transported as i said above.

but the number ranges are created in that particular serveronly.

hope this clears your issue.

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

It is true.

Sales ,delivery , billing types are configured first in DEV server and tested in quality server once they are OK then they will be transported to Production server.

Why you want to transfer the transaction data to your production system from development server.

better you can create them in Production or use any BAPI to create them in production.

regards

Prashanth