cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Driver com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver - which port?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are trying to connect to an AS400 from SAP XI 3.0 using JDBC.

I am currently getting a Connection Timeout error;

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:as400://xxxxxDEV;Fxxxxx.LIB/Fxxxxx.LIB' using the JDBC driver 'com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:as400://xxxxxDEV;Fxxxxx.LIB/Fxxxxx.LIB': SQLException: The application requester cannot establish the connection. (Connection timed out: connect)'

Can anyone tell me how to find which Port this is trying to connect on?

We already have successful connections to a different AS400 within our own network, so there is no issues with the driver not being deployed in XI.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi

> We are trying to connect to an AS400 from SAP XI 3.0 using JDBC.

>

> I am currently getting a Connection Timeout error;

>

> Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:as400://xxxxxDEV;Fxxxxx.LIB/Fxxxxx.LIB' using the JDBC driver 'com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:as400://xxxxxDEV;Fxxxxx.LIB/Fxxxxx.LIB': SQLException: The application requester cannot establish the connection. (Connection timed out: connect)'

>

> Can anyone tell me how to find which Port this is trying to connect on?

>

> We already have successful connections to a different AS400 within our own network, so there is no issues with the driver not being deployed in XI.

>

> Thanks in advance.

What are the JDBC settings in CC? The DB that you are trying to connect, have the same dbs version of AS400 that successful connected?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. It was a firewall issue.