Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defect code per plant

former_member284149
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to see defect codes per plant. For example, when a manual notification is created system should display only defects which are relevant to the plant. If i create defect codes as catalog list all the plants and view every defect code available.

Is there a way to configure system where only relevant defect codes are viewed per plant. Can we leverage selected sets for defects of type 9 ? How to use selected sets for this requirement ?

Please advice

S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

just a thought

craete catalog profile for each plant having catalog type 9 in it.

assign this catalog profilein qm view of material master of that plant.for same material different plant u can maintain another catalog profile.

when any defect is recorded for this material and plant , only those defects wil be displayed that are present in that catalog profile.

this may help u.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using class type 015 with pre-condition.

Create and assign class type 015 to the notification

Create two characteristics

characteristic 1 - assign values from plant codes

Characteristic 2 - all possible defect codes

define pre-condition for Characteristics 2 to limit defect codes to plant specific one.

This is not a pretty option but still is a option.

former_member284149
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the options!

I will try working on creating a catalog profile with defect type 9 and assign it to material master.

Closing the call rewarding the points

Many thanks

Regards

S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sesh,

To restrict defect codes by plant you need to use Catalog profile. Catalog profile is assigned to notification type in configuration.

If you use different QN type for each plant - Which I doubt, is very easy process.

Alternatively -

Use user exit during QN creation change default Catalog profile based on Plant code in the QN .

See attached wiki Link-

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/Userexittosetupaseriesof'tasks'thatcanbeautomaticallyassignedtoaQNtypeuponcreationoftheQN

Regards

Marwadi.