Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I secure PA0001 table by Personal Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How do I secure PA0001 table by Personal Area?

Usually Personal Area is defined by the data element PERSA, but in case of PA0001 table it is using WERKS. usually WERKS is a data element for Plant which is used in many other auth objects.

Can anyone please tell me if there is any way to secure PA0001 table by Personal Area?

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, if you are talking about PA0001 access via infoset queries, I believe you can adjust the infoset and put additional auth checks on P ORGIN which would restrict access via PERSA. I am thinking about STABU_LIN but I doubt it will be helpful in your case.

Alternately, you may consider creating custom view for the table and assigning a custom auth group(or anything other than PA)

to it in SE54. Then you can give your users access to that view using Parameter transaction and have auth check for P_ORGIN included as well,

along with S_TABU_DIS.

Thanks

Sandipan

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. Actually i need to restrict only the table.

okay.. Let me put it this way..

We have created a crystal report which looks for PA0001 table access.. I want to restrict the access based on Personal Area.

How should I go about this? Do i need to create a field called WERKS(Personal Area) and include this in the custom object?

0 Kudos

If I understand correctly, you are having a custom report created which picks up data from PA0001 table and you want the report to pick up only certain entries from the table which is pertaining to a personnel area that the user is authorized to.

In that case, you can have a auth check included in the custom report on P_ORGIN (or P_ORGINCON) along with S_TABU_DIS, so that PERSA that your user is authorized is picked up and only those are passed as input to PA0001 to fetch relevant data. Or if user has a option to specify PERSA in selection screen of your report, auth check is made first on P_ORGIN to check if user has authorization to that PERSA or not and then fetch data from the table accordingly.

Thanks

Sandipan