cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Eventing in Webdynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to implement Eventing in Webdynpro ABAP using 2 components ,Com1 serving as the source component and Com2 serving as Target. In Com1 I created a Inputfield and a button ,and then tied an action to the button and called the FIRE method of the IF_WD_PORTAL_INTEGRATION and sent the value in the Inputfield as the eventing parameter.

In Com2, i subscribed to the event in the wddoinit() method and then defined an action for the same and got the parameter value sent in the Com1 and set the value in the context attribute in the Com2 which is bound to the inputfield.

But still the value sent in Com1 is not displayed in the Com2 Inputfield.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hello,

>

> I am trying to implement Eventing in Webdynpro ABAP using 2 components ,Com1 serving as the source component and Com2 serving as Target. In Com1 I created a Inputfield and a button ,and then tied an action to the button and called the FIRE method of the IF_WD_PORTAL_INTEGRATION and sent the value in the Inputfield as the eventing parameter.

>

> In Com2, i subscribed to the event in the wddoinit() method and then defined an action for the same and got the parameter value sent in the Com1 and set the value in the context attribute in the Com2 which is bound to the inputfield.

>

> But still the value sent in Com1 is not displayed in the Com2 Inputfield.

>

> Any help would be highly appreciated.

>

> Thanks.

Hi I assume the following, please correct me if my understanding is not correct.

1.First of all you try this in Portal.

2.The moment you fire the event, the comp-2 view is active and subscribed to the portal event.

If the above are true then tell me if the portal eventing enter into the action ?Have you checked in bebug that your action is triggerred on portal_event ?

If portal event is action handler is called then if you have a importing parameter portal_event_parameter then your input value should be there.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

First of all, do you know that Portal Eventing is working in general within your portal? Have you setup iViews for some of the standard SAP portal eventing WDA applications and tested those? For Portal Eventing to work, your portal URL and the URL of your WDA applications must be in the same domain. Otherwise you will be getting cross domain scripting errors. Even if the two iViews using eventing in the same page are both from the same WDA backend system, they both need to be able to communicate via scripting with the surrounding portal frame.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

1) Yes .I am trying it in Portal.

2) Also the Com2 view is active and it is subscribed to the event.

Finally it worked. I added the 2 iviews into the same page.

Edited by: SAPEPDeveloper on Jan 18, 2011 2:32 AM