cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking mandatory before transportation/shipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to make that the system allows to transport only Outbound delliveryes picked lines?

I have customized my system to make transportation since the user wants to include more than one dellivery/partial delliveries in a package. We have WM implemented.

My question is, I made all the process (sales order, outbound dellivery, Transport Order, Picking, Transportation/shipment), but I realized that the system allows me to make the transportation/shipment for outbound dellivery lines that wasn´t allready picked.

Is it possible to make that the system allows to transport only Outbound delliveryes picked lines?

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrea,

There is a delivery header status that indicates if a delivery has been completely picked named "Overall pick.status".

It is possible to exclude deliveries based on this header status during the shipment creation transaction. When you create a shipment it is possible to add deliveries, during this process a selection variant is used.

Change that report varient or manually change the report so that the field

"Overall pick.status" = "C"

you will find the field in the window titled Delivery Status.

The report will then assign deliverys that have been completely picked to the shipment.

Thanks James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrea,

The Deliveries can already be but in Shipments because this is the way SAP basically works: it allows you to plan transport already (select Service agent, negotiate prices, plan Route stages, etc.) even though the Deliveries have not yet been (fully) picked in the Warehouse.

In the customizing of the Shipment type you can use the Pick check indicator to control how Goods Issue is related to setting the Shipment completion status in the Shipment; normally you cannot set the status Shipment completion if the GI has not yet been posted.

Hope this helps,

Success and thanks beforehand for any credits!

Kind regards,

Bart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if you can control this.

You can, alternatively, achieve this by going to 'Define Shipment Types' in Logistics Execution under 'Transportation. Choose your Shipment Type and press 'Details'. In next screen you will find a field with drop down options related to 'Picking'. Choose option 'must be picked before Shipment Completion' option. and "Save".

If try to press 'Shipment Completion' and save, a pop-up box will appear.

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrea

I am slightly confused here

You should not be able to post goods issue for a delivery if it is not completely picked and packed

Frenchy