cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To make a field 'optional' in XD01/XD02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are facing an issue while creating/changing customer master using XD01/XD02.This seems to be happening after the recent service pack upgrade to 6.04.

The field 'Grouping Key' (Company code data --> Correspondence tab) is mandatory for couple of account groups. I think this comes under the dunning data sub tab.

I have checked the screen layout based on account group, but this field 'Grouping Key' is not there in the field list under company code data. So we canu2019t change it there.

We need to make this field as 'optional' but where can I do this? How can I find if there any screen exit used to make this field as u2018mandatoryu2019?

Please guide.

Regards,

SAM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The filed dunning data has been made as optional

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That field comes within the dunning data. So if you want to make it optional, you have to make the entire set of fields (Dunning data) optional. In the acct group configuration, you just doube click on the field Dunning field and you can see all teh fields which are controlled by that configuration. So you just make the field "Dunning field" as optional and group key field will also be taken care of .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneeth,

Thank you very much for your valuable input. I checked the field status for that particular account group in both Quality and Production systems. Both are the same (Dunning data - Mandatory), but in quality system, the field 'Grouping Key' in customer master --Company code data --> Correspondence tab is a mandatory one, in production system it is not mandatory.

We have upgraded the service pack recently in QA system; we find this issue from that time. The support pack changes are yet to be moved to Production.

I need to make this field (Grouping Key) as optional without changing the configuration. Is it possible through some Exits or BADI's? Please let me know the details.

Regards,

SAM