SAP for Healthcare Discussions
Foster discussions about patient care, cost reduction, and operational excellence in healthcare organizations using SAP. Join the conversation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change order of Work Environments in NWP1, Clinicial Work Station

pimvannispen
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

in our clinical work station, we can have dozens of work environments, in which each work environment represents a separate view. At the moment these are not sorted at all. It would be convenient to have them ordered alphabetically. Has anybody got an idea how to do this?

If more information is required, I'll be happy to provide!

Regards,

Pim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Its possible to give a priority to a workplace for one or all users. Try Tcode NWP1. In the header go to Settings > Manage work environment.

If the workplace already has got an existing assignment you expand the record of the work environment. Then click the white line.

If the workplace hasn't got an assignment you create one with the button assignment. The field priority is available there. Depending on the number you give , the workplace shows up higher or lower in his list.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Its possible to give a priority to a workplace for one or all users. Try Tcode NWP1. In the header go to Settings > Manage work environment.

If the workplace already has got an existing assignment you expand the record of the work environment. Then click the white line.

If the workplace hasn't got an assignment you create one with the button assignment. The field priority is available there. Depending on the number you give , the workplace shows up higher or lower in his list.

0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

Thanks for your answer! The problem I'm facing here, is that there are at least 30 workplaces. Of course I can number them from 1 to 30, to get a nice alphabetical order. But one day, I will add a new workplace, meaning that the whole numbering should be changed consequently.

Is there no way to dynamically sort them alphabetically?

Regards,

Pim

0 Kudos

Hi Pim

Sorry for not giving you a better answer, but the code speeks by himself...

In form BUILD_WORKING_LIST_NODES of the include LN_WP_FRAMEWORKF10 you will find the following code.

• building up tree with all defined working list

SORT gt_wp_user BY prio DESCENDING.

SORT gt_wp_views BY wplaceid sortid.

CLEAR: last_wp_id, g_view_node_ins.

LOOP AT gt_wp_user INTO s_wp_user.

The internal table gt_wp_user has the Work Environments and, as you can see, is ordered by PRIO...

You could do a small modification and change the SORT, but is up to you.

By the way, if you decide to do the modification and to change the SORT, be aware that the texts are stored in the internal table

gt_workplaces, so it's not only a sort.

With best regards

Matías

0 Kudos

Hello Matias,

thanks a lot for your helpfull answer. Now, it's clear for me what should be done to sort alphabetically by text.

Next thing to do, is to discuss this option with my colleagues.

Again: thanks for your answer!

Regards,

Pim