cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe from stored procedure - how to change input values?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created an Universe from a stored procedure and the report with data from the Universe give data as expected.

As step 2 I want to change the input parameters for the Stored Procedure. The problem is that I don't know how to do it.

Does any body have an idea?

When I crete the Universe I told Designer that I wanted enter new parameter data new time.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe I wasn't clear when I posted first time but my problem is that I want to give the input parameters new values every time I run the report that calls the stored procedure. Is that possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I followed that guide the first time and then I got the problem that I specified.

Does anybody has any other suggestions?

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you start creating the unvierse, and you flag the "click here to choose store procdure universe"

after that you will be able to select the store procedure

when you select the procedure and you have an input parameters for it ou will be asked to enter the value for this aprameter

after you enter the value, you can choose from the list on the right , next execution

instead of use this value

select prompt me for a value

good luck

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have a look here

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir31SP3/en/xi31_sp3_designer_en.pdf

and go to page 512 you will find the answer

good luck