cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Input help mode Dynamically/ Programatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using a SAP satndard Component . which is using Component USage for displaying ALV.

But for this its populating the Context as well as data dynamically.

Now I found that in the alv for a field while am pressing f4 button its calling the ON_OVS Method.

How it is setting the ON_OVS call property because generally when we create any context element

its by default sets the INPUT help mode type to Automatic.

My requirement is to change the input Help mode to Free programing type instead of OVS .

Can it be done ?

Because if we are creating an elemnt in the context there is always option for selecting

which kind of F4 help we need . Similarily Programtically how we will set the F4 help Kind ......

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

You need to do following:

1) Create your own help component . Please check this [article|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50fd6096-a4b6-2d10-bfa8-bbd9001e0d0e?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true] for reference.

2) After that you can enhance your standard component and in the Post exit of the method where context i created you can set the input help to freely programmed mode as suggested above.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Sumit

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Get the node info in the method wddomodify and use the method SET_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_HELP to set the value help

for an attribute dynamically.

thanks

sarb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in se80, you can edit the attribute property in context_editor and change the property 'Input help mode'