cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to do some modification in one application where somebody else has developed it. so i got a folder of that application say eg policy under it i have _comp then i opened NWDS file->import->existing project into workspace and i deployed into sdm i got the below error.

New Local Web DYnpro project

I am getting error as soon as I try to > Deploy new archive and run.

An internal error has occurred

Plugin name : Web Dynpro Archive Builder

Plugin ID : com.sap.ide.webdynpro.archivebuilder

Class: : com.sap.ide.webdynpro.archivebuilder.PARService

Method : getArchiveNameFromDCProject(IDCProject)

Exception : java.lang.Exception: Could not get name for DC project

I searched teh above error in sdn but none has solved my solution

Could any one please let me know the solution for it.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this track please:

[]

Regards, Aldo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

While i have right click and repair teh project it isshowing the following error

The project was not built since its classpath is incomplete . Cannot find the class for files for java.lang.Object.Fix the classpath then try rebuilding this project.

what is the solution for it

Also i got teh following error

This compilation unit indirectly references the missing type java.lang.object(typically some required file is referencing a type outside teh classpath)

I got the above errors can anybody please let me know the solution for it

Edited by: krishnakk on Jan 18, 2011 4:40 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

check the package name of the project through the following path.

policy>_comp>.project file. open the .project file through notapad in that you can find the package name of the project.

you can find like this line code in that .project file:

<name>LocalDevelopmentdynviewsap.com</name> here sap.com is the package name of the project.

Create a folder with package name under C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\DCs.

paste your project under newly created folder.

Goto the NWDS>devlopment configuration prespective>Local Dcs>expand Local Devlopment>expand MyComponents, there you can see your project. select your project> right click> Create Dc.

Your project will be created succfully, now deploy and run the application.

revert back if you have any quaries.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhargava.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194211
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Addition to steps which Bhargava has explained, please make sure that you will add all the required JAR files using add external JAR files to project.

Build and compile the project.

Thanks.

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

My p[roblem is resolved now i am while importring i have done wroongly i ahve created dc and clciked on import and selected File system and checked all teh files from the _comp folder now everyfile is moved into created dc .

We can also do in other ways go to our work space and locate the created dc there paste teh _comp folder from our back up code so that all files will be moved correctly so that the error will not come.