cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send a binary file via FTP File Adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The integration scenario is as follows:

Abapproxy (ECC) -> SAP PI -> File FTP Adapter.

I have 2 requests, send a PDF and Excel. For creating files from SAP ECC have had no problems. The PDF is generated from a SmartForm and for excel I have tried various techniques in the following blog:

[Excel in SAP|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/ExcelwithSAP-An+overview]

My problem is when I give the binary file to abapproxy and transfer it via FTP with SAP PI. I set the adapter in many ways and I could not get the FTP file arrives correctly, ie, the file goes to the directory, but does not work, is corrupt. I tried all the blogs that exist on the subject in the SDN.

Regards, Johnny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johnny Muñoz,

This is based on my understanding to your response (I couldn't understand it 100%).

As you have done File2File pass through, same way you can do Proxy to File pass through. Note:- you have create Sender Message Inteface (Dummy structure), based on which ABAP team will develop the ABAP proxy code.

As suggested by Stefan Grube, please ask ABAP team to write a proxy in such a way that, itwill send PDF and Excel as attachments. Then as suggested,you can use PayloadSwapBean Link1 Please search in SDN for more help.

Regards,

Raghu_Vamsee

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using ABAP proxy, because I need to know that synchronously send file by FTP. I send the file as attacment of abap

proxy, but do not know how to configure the module PayloadSwapBean convert the file to the main payload. For the entire process I am BPM thinking of doing a job that does not support File Adapter synchronous communication. Other ideas? ...

Regards,

Johnny

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johnny Muñoz,

Can you please explain the error in detail? Note: This feature is there in all PI versions (even in SAP PI 7.1 EHP 1).

Regards,

Raghu_Vamsee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Now it worked to me perfect, that I did badly at the outset, but I did not do everything again and worked. Now, this example is a file-tofile scenario, but I need to send the file from SAP ECC towards SAP PI so that leaves the file in a FTP, Abapproxy-to-File scenario. Like shipment the file with abapproxy if never I have objects in ER? , that another option I have under this same scheme. Also I am investigating the option of attachment that mentioned Stefan.

Regards, Johnny

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Send a file with an ABAP proxy is rather tricky.

Why don't you drop the file in a folder from ABAP and process it with file adapter?

This would be the easiest approach.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using SAP PI 7.1 EHP 1.

Regards,

Johnny

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johnny Muu00F1oz,

I understand your scenario as sending PDF or Excel from R/3 (Proxy) to FTP server, through PI. I assume you want to send them without doing any manipulations to the file data (no data conversion or mapping). Then you can design a pass through scenario in SAP PI using this blog [Link|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4383] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; .

If my assumption is wrong, i.e., you want to do some manipulations on data (PDF or Excel), then you need to use Java mapping (with Java APIu2019s) in SAP PI.

Regards,

Raghu_Vamsee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu, I want to send without any manipulation of the data file, with the pass through scenario I had problems with the receiver determination, I can't activate the components.

Regards,

Johnny

Edited by: Johnny Muñoz on Jan 24, 2011 5:21 PM

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When the file is corrupt, it could be a code conversion for exapmle from SAP codepage to UTF-8 in ABAP proxy or from UTF-8 to another codepge in FTP adapter. A codepage conversion working on a binary will corrupt it.

Did you send the file from ABAP as main payload or as attachment?

I think it is better to send it as attachmant, then no codepage conversion will be done. The payloadswapbean in receiver adapter will set the attachment to main payload.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan, Do you have a How-to or some links for the attach on abap proxy?

Regards,

Johnny

Edited by: Johnny Muñoz on Jan 24, 2011 5:21 PM

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can refer to Michal's blog for Abap Proxies with attachments.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/04/19/xi-rfc-or-abap-proxy-abap-proxies-with-attachments

Hope this helps,

Mark