Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Namespace Change at the target

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am doing a Proxy to SOAP scenario. I need to change the namespace of the target WSDL . The mapping works fine but there is a requirement where in I need to change the target namespace. Can some one please help me on this. I want it after message mapping that I can have a change done to the target namespace before sending it to the target.

Any XSLT code which would help in solving this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An XSLT code, or better: A simple Java mapping with a string exchange would help.

This is an odd requirement, as the message structure should not differ between test and prod environment as you cannot easily test the behaviour of the interface when it is different.

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

Thanks for the reply.

Can some one please help me with the XSLT code for the same.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Can some one please help me with the XSLT code for the same.

This is not possible without knowing source and target message.

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The scneario is proxy to SOAP. The WSDL is imported in PI and it works fine end to end in the Dev system. But when I import it in QA , the problem is that the SOAP action and URL are changed which is taken care in the commnication channel in ID. But there is a change in the namespace of the WSDL also. So I just wanted to cross check with the experts that in an ideal scenario the namespace of the imported WSDL must remain same in all environments Dev , QA and prod. Only the SOAP action and URL would change depending upon the change in the environment.

Do we need to tell the web service team to change the WSDL in such a way that the namespace within the WSDL remains same so that there is no issue when we transport the mappings from Dev to QA.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Do we need to tell the web service team to change the WSDL in such a way that the namespace within the WSDL remains same so that there is no issue when we transport the mappings from Dev to QA.

Better if this is done

I want it after message mapping that I can have a change done to the target namespace before sending it to the target.

you can try to use XMLAnonymizer module to change the namespace

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Jan 17, 2011 5:54 PM

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> you can try to use XMLAnonymizer module to change the namespace

No, this is not possible. XMLAnonymizer can remove a namsapce, but not change.