Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancing a standard WD Component -> View

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My requierment is to make some fields read only in a view (V_DODC_SHIPTO) of an standard SAP SRM 7.0 application(/SAPSRM/WDC_UI_DO_SHIPTO).

I created an enhancement for the view and was also able to hide a button using this enhancement but I am not getting the options of Pre-Exit, Post-Exit and Overwrite Exit for standard methods where I can modify the view using method WDDOMODIFYVIEW to make the fields read only.

How can I get these exits in my view?

With my limited knowledge on WDA I thought this is the best possible way of fulfilling my requierment...is there any other/ better way of doing this ?

Thnaks a lot,

Anubhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you sure that you are in the enhancement view ?

In that case select the view and the method you want to enahnce, use bottom scroll bar to traverse right side until you see enahncement buttons like pre,post,overwrite buttons in every cell.

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sarbjeet / Baskaran,

Hers what I did,

Open the view in SE80 in Display mode

CTRL + F4 to create an Enhancement Implementation

Right Click on the UI element Gives only option to REMOVE ELEMENT

The view is not editable, I can not uncheck the ENABLED checkbox for any Inputfield.

There is no Pre, Post or Overwrite exit in the original view or in the view that we see under the Enhancement Implementation folder.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks a lot,

Anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume that you have created the implementation details, supply the package details finally you see in the viewDesigner (Right pane) Active(Enhanc. Inactive).

When you press the methods tab, use the bottom scroll bar to navigate to the right side there you should see the pre-exit,post-exit, overwrite buttons on every cell.

IF you do not recognize the said behavior then let us know what SAP BASIS version you are running on.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked properly?

in the methods tab scroll on the right hand side it will be there.

you will be having these methods.

also if you want to make some field as read only in the design layout also if these UI elemnts are present there.

you just need to set there property readonly as checked.

thanks

sarb

Edited by: sarbjeet singh on Jan 17, 2011 4:30 PM