Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI System Refresh without copying data

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the below requirement for my BW System :

I want to copy my Production BW System to my BW development System without actually copying the data as my BW Production database size is 3 TB.

Except data I want all other things like all Querry elements, all Web templates, BI authorization objects, all Process chains, same structure of multiproviders, cubes and DSOs,Dependent objects for all Infoproviders.

Any workaroud would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Nirmal.K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case i think you has to do reverse transport request from PRD -> DEV by reconfiguring STMS (.... (May be this is not advisable)

I am not sure doing client copy with profile SAP_CUST will solve the problem or not but you can check

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mrinal,

Thanks for the reply......but If I do a client copy then I wouldn't be abe to copy all te Z customizations.

Regards,

Nirmal.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes nirmal thats why i mentioned other way reverse transport PRD to DEV...

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nirmal.K

Shouldn't those web templates etc be build on development and transport to production, so shouldn't you have those in development?

It sounds somewhat strange that some of the things you mention would only exist in production and not on development.

Kind regards

Tom

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

You are correct in saying that but the problem with my client is that they have made many changes directly in production rather than doing them in development and then transporting them.

Now I want to fine tune their BW landscape and so this question.

Regards,

Nirmal.K

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nirmal

Reserve transporting is the best option in that case in my opinion.

If local transport requests exist in the productive SAP system you could use transport of copies to get the data and manually import those into development.

Kind regards

Tom