cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Channel not working properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We are using PI 7.1 and some of our Communication Channels are not picking up files from the ftp server however it shows a successful polling interval in the rtwb monitor. If I stop and start the channel then only it picks up the files. This happens every other week when it would just stop picking up files and not go into error. I've tried re-creating the adapter config but it keeps on doing this. Does anyone know what might cause this?

Thanks,

Jan de Lange

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan de Lange,

I understand youu2019re your FTP communicational channels are getting hanged once in a while. I think ftp connection is getting disconnected and your starting and stopping (re establishing ftp connection again), then it is working. You may consider below steps to reduce the chance of this issue.

1.In all FTP channels make 'connect mode' as u201CPer File Transferu201D. Please refer [Link1|]

2.SAP Note File FAQs sapnote_0000821267. poolWaitingTime must be set to an optimal value. This should be more or less equal to time required to aquire a connection on a remote FTP/DB. If this is not known, set this to 1 min(60000 Milli Secs). This will ensure that, if channel cannot get the FTP connection with in the time specified then after 3 retries the thread will be released for other channels and message back-log can be reduced.

Regards,

Raghu_Vamsee

Edited by: Raghu Vamsee on Jan 18, 2011 4:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all, I'll check the sap notes and try and check / update the JAVA and see if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seeme to be issue with : Threads of File Adapter .

Contact your Basis tema to increase the number of Threads of the File Adapter .

I assume , the messages in adapter engine in this case would be either :Waiting / To be delivered and File adapters are up and running but not functioning .

Best Regards,

Varalakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls try the below two approaches.

1>Try cleaning the JAVA cache

2>In the JAVA webstart administration , try to Restore Archives and Generate New Signature

Edited by: Anand Kumar Kshatriya on Jan 17, 2011 12:47 PM

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems to be a bug. Check SAP Note 1483974.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan De Lange,

Check the SAP Note: 952402. Links to Support Packages and Guides

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Mysterious case .... Sounds like a bug in the Adapter Engine. Have you already applied the latest Java patches for the Adapter Framework? If not, try this. If this does not help I'd suggest you to open a CSN on SMP.

Regards,

Volker