cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to calculate the SNP bucket consumption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could any one please explain me, How the SNP bucket capacity consumption is calculated. in our case i see for an order difference in the bucket capacity consumption in SNP and the time-continous capacity consumption in PPDS..

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Time-Continuous Capacity:

The system can plan orders to the second using the time-continuous capacity. The system determines the

available capacity of the time-continuous capacity from the working time data.

SNP Bucket capacity:

A bucket capacity with the dimension u2018timeu2019 is determined for a single mixed resource and this is calculated by multiplying the working time by the loss factor.

working time = work end u2013 work start u2013 break duration

Productive time = (work end u2013 work start u2013 break duration) x rate of resource utilization / 100%

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have been thinking this formula..pls correct me if iam wrong..

SNP bucket consumption = (order qty/PDS output Qty) * Resource Consumption(variable) + Fixed consumption(i.e. 1 day in my case)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Resource consumption = fixed consumption + (variable consumption x order quantity/output quantity)

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SNP Bucket capacity is calculated as the No of hours used by the planned or production orders in the bucket divided by the bucket capacity. The no of hours used by the planned or production orders can be get from the capacity report even which is /sapapo/ppt1.You can yourself also derive from the order qty, resource scheduling formula and variable bucket consumption/unit in your PPM. Manytimes for SNP , it is used as fixed rather than variable depending on length of order.

The bucket available capacity can be found from the resource capacity tab by going into details where it shows daily or minimum storage bucket level capacity. You can add the minum buckets storage capacity to derive your planning bucket capacity i.e from daily to weekly capacity. This ratio should give you the bucket consumption.

Kindly note that available capacity can be different to shown in main resource tab depending on capacity variant used as said earlier by Amol. So better to go into details of capacity in resource master and aggregate to planning bucket level.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the inputs, in my case i have a process order(released) and it has time continuous capacity and the bucket capacity(the resource we use is the mixed resource), but there is the difference in both the capacities, for example the time-continuous capacity is 60hrs where as the bucket capacity is 80 hrs..iam trying to understand how the system is calculating the bucket cap consumption..what could be the reason for the difference..can you share your ideas..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no formula as such, it depends on the master data settings in your resource. In transaction /sapapo/res01 you can display the Capacity but how exactly depends on what type of resource you are using and how the capacity is calculated, basically you can have:

Time-Continuous capacity

PP/DS Bucket Capacity

SNP Bucket Capacity

And they can also have different values!

For the SNP View it should be using the SNP Bucket Capacity, so if you click on this tab in your resource master data it should have a field "Bucket Definition" which can either be from Continuos Capacity or be maintained separately. If you click the button "Bucket Capacity" it should show you the current values you have.

If it is from Cont Capacity then click that tab and see the start, end and break times there.

To add a little confusion, you may also have several variants of capacity, the active variant is on the General Data tab, this is the capacity variant that should show up as standard capacity in your planning book.

There is more to it all than this but hopefully that should help answer your qeustion.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the inputs, in my case i have a process order(released) and it has time continuous capacity and the bucket capacity(the resource we use is the mixed resource), but there is the difference in both the capacities, for example the time-continuous capacity is 60hrs where as the bucket capacity is 80 hrs..iam trying to understand how the system is calculating the bucket cap consumption..what could be the reason for the difference..can you share your ideas..