cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I understand that changes to the address of a customer in the master data will be reflected in a Sales order that was created before that.

I just want to confirm that the same is true also when a Sales Order has been completely or partially referenced in a DO and the DO is created. So, this case, the Sales Order is completely closed already. The address change is still reflected in the Sales Order am i right?

That means all subsequent documents and processes have occured, the Sales Order would still be able to show the address change. Am i correct?

Thanks.

regards

M Russo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can see the any changes (address) changes in sales order - ENVIRONMENT - CHANGES.

I understand that changes to the address of a customer in the master data will be reflected in a Sales order that was created before that.

As the sales document contains delivery or partial delivery also the changes in the sales order will appear in the sales order.

yes you are 100% right, in this regard.

balajia

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read OSS Note 380456 - Customer master data: Address change in documents, which provides the details.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russo,

The General tab of customer master which consists of Address data is maintained in Client level.It is maintained there irrespective of organizational data.It is independent of sales area / company code.

So all the sales orders created before the address change in customer master & similarly all the sales orders created after the address change in customer master will have the new address.

The subsequent documents created in both the below cases will have changed addresses.

Case-1 where orders prior to address change in customer master were taken as reference &

Case 2 where orders with later address change in customer master was taken as reference.

Hope this answers your query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russo,

The General tab which consists of Address data is maintained in Client level.It is maintained there irrespective of organizational data.So all the sales orders created before the address change in customer master & similarly all the sales orders created after the address change in customer master will have the new address.

The subsequent documents created in both the below cases will have changed addresses.

Case-1 where orders prior to address change in customer master were taken as reference &

Case 2 where orders with later address change in customer master was taken as reference.

Hope this answers your query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello M Russo,

Current / Changed address will be always remain valid for all past /future documents. It means changed address will be updated to past documents too. Pls refer following email threads for more details :--

Thanks/Rajesh